Chapter 26

Your POV

You jolt up in your bed, your eyes are red and you're short of breath.

"Y/n?" You hear next to you, but you can't move, "Y/n, it's me Bruce, everything's okay, he can't hurt you anymore,"

"I-" You try to find the breath to speak, you have to tell him something.

"Don't try to talk darling," He holds your hands still, and you finally manage to breathe, "You're going to be okay."

"Bruce..." You manage to say, "Bruce, I-"

"Y/n, please, you can't breathe," He kisses you on the forehead, "Please don't hurt yourself,"

You take a deep breath, completely ignoring him, "Bruce, I love you too,"

"You do?" He asks, his concerned look quickly changing into a warm, caring smile.

"How could I not," You smile back, before leaning in and kissing him.

"Happy Christmas y/n," He says, pulling back.

"Not for me it isn't" You hear Tony say, and look around Bruce to see him fake gagging.

"It's nice to see you too Tony," You laugh,

"How are you feeling then," He asks, moving to stand next to Bruce.

"Better," You lie, your cuts sting like mad, and your head is pounding.

"That's good," He pats Bruce on the back, "Anyway I have to go pick up Barton and his family, see you later."

"Bye," Bruce says as he watches Tony walk out. When he's gone, Bruce turns to you with a sympathetic look in his eye, "You don't need to lie to us y/n,"

"What?" You pretend to be clueless, obviously not well enough.

"Oh come on, even I can tell you're in pain." He says, gently rubbing circles on your hand.

"I just," You sigh, "I just want to spend Christmas with you and the team without causing a scene."

"I understand," He smiles, "Do you want to go and see them?" 

"Obviously," You look down at yourself, there's no way you're going to be able to walk there, especially not without support, "How?" 

"Easy," Bruce says, while walking out of the room, only to return seconds later with a wheelchair, "I'll take you."

"You are genuinely amazing." A wide grin spreads across your face, and Bruce helps lifts you off the bed and into the chair. 

"Let's go celebrate Christmas," He laughs, pushing you out of the room and into the lift,

"Wait," You suddenly remember, "I need to get the presents from my room if we could go there first."

"If you want, but we usually open them after we've eaten lunch," His hand lingers around the button for your floor, waiting for you to make a decision.

"I'll pick them up later," You look up at him, "That is if you'll bring me back up,"

"We'll have to wait and see," He laughs and pushes the button for a floor you don't think you've been to before, "I'm not sure what Tony would think about you having a boy in your room."

"He's going to have to accept it," You pause for a few moments, "Does Tony know?"

"Well...."

"Well?" You ask.

"When I realised somebody had taken you, I ran to Tony and kinda confessed my love for you, and then basically the whole team asked why I was carrying a copy of dirty dancing when I was looking for you, so I had to tell them, and I'm sorry if you didn't want them to know, but I guess it's too late now."