Chapter 24

Your POV

You sigh as you lay still on the cold table. It's only been a few hours of torture, but you already wish you were dead. Dylan left the room a few minutes ago to 'give you time to think about what you're doing'. He's probably going to be back soon. The incision in your abdomen hurts like hell, and the blood from a gash he made on your cheek is trickling down your face. You haven't revealed anything to this freak and you're not planning on it, he's asked about Bruce and Tony, even Thor who you've only just met. You look down at your almost naked body, disgusted at what this monster has done to you, nearly all of your skin is coated in blood, and what isn't is a dark red or purple from bruising. You're almost ashamed, what will the team think when they find you. If they find you. For all you know, this man could be a criminal mastermind and have you somewhere in the middle of the ocean.

"Miss me?" He says from the doorway, making you jump, "Ready to talk?"

"I'm not talking to a monster like you." You turn away from him, he can hurt you all he likes, you're not saying anything.

"You're making a huge mistake," He laughs angrily to himself, he thought it would've been easier to make you crack, "Your friends aren't coming to help you, you know that right?"

"At the minute, I couldn't really give a shit," You smile, maybe he's going to break first.

"You horrible cow," He spits, picking up a scalpel he used on you earlier, already dripping with your blood. "I'm going to slit your fucking wrists." He lunges at you, sending a wave of fear through you, but before he can cut you, he gets thrown back and lands in a heap against the wall. 

"I don't think that will be necessary," The familiar voice makes you smile.

"Nice entrance Tony," You try to laugh, but everything hurts.

"Oh you poor thing," Nat says as she rushes to your side, "I swear I'm going to kill that man,"

"Thanks," You breathe out a sigh of relief, and look over at your captor, who's being handcuffed and dragged away by Steve. You're so thankful for your rescue, but feel worried when you realise everyone is there but Bruce. Nat must notice your discomfort, so she places a hand on top of yours.

"He's in the helicarrier," She begins to unbuckle the straps holding you, "We didn't want him to hulk out when he saw what was happening to you."

"Thanks Nat," You say, as she finishes undoing the buckles. You immediately try to sit up, but it makes you cry out in pain, and you feel immensely dizzy.

"Y/n?" She lays you back down again, "We need to get you back to the tower,"

"I don't think I'll be able to walk," You sigh, "He cut my legs up pretty well,"

She smiles sadly, "Well if you don't mind, Thor would be able to carry you,"

You think back to the party, you feel bad for lying to him, but then again he was the one who made you walk off, but it wasn't his fault and you know that.

"That would be great."

Nat goes to look for Thor, who's looking somewhere in the base for anything else that might be important, and Bucky comes to your side.

"How are you feeling?" He asks while looking you up and down.

"Not great," You sigh, "I did just save your ass though," You smile at him, and he tries to smile back.

"I thought you were supposed to be smarter than Banner,"

"I am," You reply, "I think a few cuts are better than telling him your trigger words,"

"You don't even know my trigger words,"

"Try telling him that."

Before you can laugh or cry or do whatever else your emotions are telling you to do right now, Nat returns with Thor who looks like he's about to cry.

"Lady y/n, I am so sorry," He hangs his head in shame, "I feel like this was my fault, and I shouldn't have reacted the way I did."

"It's okay Thor, I forgive you, and it was my fault for lying to you," You pause, "But if possible, could we talk about this later, I'm pretty sure I'm bleeding out and I wouldn't really like to die again."

"Of course, I apologise,"

Nat rolls her eyes, and Thor lifts you up gently, no matter how careful this God is, it still hurts. A lot. You look around the room you've been trapped in, it's practically empty, with remains of old wallpaper peeling off the walls, and dark patches of mould in the corners. You see that Vision is collecting all of the blades and torturous objects used against you, he almost has a look of empathy on his face. Was that possible for AI? Thor turns to the door, and begins to walk away, you take in everything around you that you walk past. There's Wanda and Loki looking in different rooms for any information about this man, you also realise you're leaving a trail of blood behind you.

"I'm sorry Thor," You mutter,

"Why are you sorry lady y/n?" 

"I got blood on your clothes," He doesn't seem bothered, but you want to apologise anyway.

"Oh these old things?" He laughs to himself, "They're actually a tad too small, I left my newer clothes in Asgard."

"Oh," You grin, he seems like a lovely person, he's basically the opposite of his brother. Not that Loki isn't nice, their intelligence levels are just very different.

"It's going to get very cold in a second y/n, we need to walk to the ship."

"Thanks for warning me," You say, before you feel the icy air surround you like a blanket, and you shiver. "What day is it?" You ask, still unsure of how long you were asleep.

"Still Christmas Eve, I believe you call it here," It makes you happy to know you haven't missed Christmas, but you wish it wasn't so cold, as you can feel goosebumps all over your arms. To distract yourself from the cold, you look at your surroundings, and notice the helicarrier not too far away. Oh God. Bruce. What's he going to say when he sees you. You don't want to have to see the pained look on his face, but you need to see him, to tell him how you feel. 

As you get closer to the ship, you see Bruce sat by himself, waiting for someone to tell him you're okay. When he hears Thor's heavy footsteps on the crunchy snow, he stands up and walks towards you both. You can't tell whether it's relief or sadness in his eyes when he sees you in Thor's arms, but he's crying wither way.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry, and I... I think I love you."