3. Will to survive..

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Y/N's POV

I hear the news and my heart drops when I see Jungkook sitting expressionless not moving, I approach him to comfort him but he yells at me shaking his head continuously...

Jungkook: NO! DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME YOU ARE SORRY, THEY ARENT FUCKING DEAD....

I just hug him, him in my arms, I can feel his heart beating so fast in his chest, and he wasn't hugging me back and continued yelling at me and pushing me away///

Jungkook: NO, STOP IT, IM FINE... I...I....IM...F...

Y/N: I- I got you...

He breaks down crying loudly finally holding me back for support, I rub his back gently to calm him down but he continues crying, I knew he had to take it all out , so I let him cry, he kept mumbling a lot of things while crying...

Jungkook: How can they leave me alone....someone must be alive....I don't want to be alone...I shouldn't be....shouldn't be alive....I need to be with my family... I can't do this.... this isn't fucking fair!

Listening to these words I begin crying as well, he isn't in his right mind, I continue rubbing his back but and I can feel his body sweating, he is clearly exhausted... I lay him down while he continues crying not letting go of my embrace, so I lay down with him, the space isn't too much but it's enough for us....

He continues crying for few hours and passes out after a while. I take that opportunity to quickly give him his painkiller doze and make us dinner, he is in deep sleep and I think it will help when he wakes up, mental trauma isn't good for a guy who has gone through so much physical trauma recently...

He sleeps for the whole day, I couldn't risk leaving him alone so I called in sick again, and I finally see his eyes flutter past noon....

I quickly go up to him when I see him try to sit, he doesn't say a word, but I anyways start a conversation

Y/N: Rise and shine sleepyhead, does your shoulder or thigh hurt? hmm?

He just doesn't say a word, so I try again...

Y/N: Come on lets clean you up... and today you can eat ramen with me... of course there will be a few vegetables.... but it'll taste the same I promise

He was quiet as a rock... I change the bandages and he didn't even flinch no giggling no covering himself just nothing... I know this is only a phase but it's hard to see someone go through so much pain

I put the bowl of noodles near him on the table but he doesn't move

Y/N: Come on you need to eat... to get energy...

But he doesn't move...I patiently prompt him a few more times but then I just gave up and tried feeding him...at first his lips were tightly sealed, but when the food touched his lips he slowly parted his lips finally eating a little

I feed him the entire thing, and he complies quietly...

1 Week later

There has been no improvement in his state, he is quiet as ever, the wounds are healing and he can walk little distances without my help...

I go to the hospital in the mornings, come back in the afternoon and go again for night shifts since that is the time when he is awake, I just prefer being with him when he is awake, I don't want him to do something stupid while I am away...

I spend all my time with him trying to make him laugh make him talk, put some sense into him but it doesn't work. I'm very patient so I continue doing it anyways...

Today I thought I'll try something new, talk about my family for a change.

Y/N: You know that day I told you my family is dead... It isn't true.... We umm just left each other....well my mom died when I was very young and my dad I guess thats one reason my dad was a strict parent..., another reason my dad and I never got along, so all I had was my brother....and he helped me quite a bit, until 4 years back, he left me for his work and I left him for mine...and I haven't heard from him since... So yeah practically I'm all by myself and you know it's not so bad...*sniff*

I finally see him look towards me with teary eyes.... And he spoke his first words after an entire week

"I'm sorry, I can understand"

And he took me in his embrace... gently patting my back like I did for him... and then I could hear his shaky voice vibrating through my shoulder as he spoke

Jungkook: I...I....just.....don't know where to go.....I promised you I'd leave....but I don't have any place to ...go....and.... neither can I ...af..afford....

He says stammering, I can understand his helplessness, I was there once, and I had no one...I wasn't going to leave him alone and let him experience what I had. He just needs to start fresh, and I'll make sure he does.

Y/N: shhhshhh....don't even think about it....you got me...it's alright...you can stay here longer....money isn't a problem either...

Jungkook: I can't be a burden on anyone... you've helped me enough--

I cut him off

Y/N: Then you better start doing dishes and eat on your own.... Im not your maid....

I hear him chuckle after so long though his eyes were filled with tears...I wiped them off with my thumb and cupped his cheeks with my palms.

Jungkook POV

I thought I'd never laugh again, never smile again... and here she is making me smile non-stop ... she has been wiping my tears and bearing with me all the week... she suddenly cups my cheeks and I can feel my stomach doing somersaults as all my mind can think and all my eyes can see are her lips, I don't think she realises but her face is too close to mine... a little more proximity and she would be kissing me.... fuck! What am I thinking...

I slap myself mentally trying to focus on her eyes while I can hear her say

Y/N: You never walk alone... I'll be here for you....

With that she takes her hands off me... and arranges my food and I do my part of eating on my own and she smiles widely seeing me eat...

Jungkook: I can't let you run the house all alone...

Y/N: Yeah, I'm just letting it slide for this month...as soon as you start walking you better look for a job... you are lucky I have a couch...

Jungkook: You think your couch is even comfortable?

Y/N: Isn't it?

Jungkook: No hell no... It keeps creaking every time I turn...

Y/N: Then why don't you use my bed?

Jungkook: What? Sleep with you? Do doctors also sleep with their patients besides seeing em naked?

I understood what she meant but I couldn't resist making a joke and got a soft smack on my head

Y/N: Ewww... No!... I have night and morning shifts, and that's the time you sleep, so use the bed then.... I only need the bed in the afternoon... get it genius?

I nod at her smiling, she looks so flustered right now, and her lips look so soft and pink... she bites em gently when she is flustered...fuck...what is she doing to me.... Why can't I stop staring at her lips? Jungkook, she has eyes ...look at those beautiful eyes... damn and... Look at those lips....kissable...maybe I should just...

Y/N: Jungkook?

I suddenly look at her when she calls my name in her sweet voice... breaking my focus from her lips...

Y/N: Are you okay?

Jungkook: Yeah...I'm fine...

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•