six

Silence engulfed the room in which the seven most important men in the entire kingdom stood, as well as a young woman who had absaloutely no clue of what was going on.

The blond was the first to speak, a small smirk settling upon his doll-like lips. "Well then, I must say, Yoongi, you certainly do have good taste for someone who practically avoids the opposite sex like his life depends upon it,"

Him and the man with black, curly hair chuckled, earning an unimpressed look from the Emperor, who turned to the rest of his friends.

"Miss, what's your name?" Namjoon asked, gently, not wanting to startle the poor girl who had been dragged into this, having only wanted to go to the bathroom.

"Choi Jangmi," She whispered, her eyes still trained upon the floor in respect.

"It's rude to not look at someone whilst their talking," Jangmi flinched at the Emperor's icy voice, as she stared into the dragon eyes of Kim Namjoon.

"Choi?" Jin wondered. "Are you perhaps the daughter of Choi Daehan?"

"I am not from a noble status," Jangmi answered, softly. "My family are traditionally merchants,"

"I don't see any problem with that," Jung Hoseok shrugged. "I mean, if Yoongi likes her, then surely it's settled. With your acceptance as well, Jangmi,"

Jangmi glanced around at all the unfamiliar faces in the room, nearly all of them, she had only seen today itself. There was a sense of urgency on all of their faces, minus the Emperor's, as though they were telling her to agree with this marriage.

"I don't really think I have a choice, do I?" She mumbled before looking directly at Min Yoongi, who awaited her response.

"I agree to this marriage,"

...

"Seomin, we cannot agree to this marriage! He will have her killed within the first week itself!" Ahn Haneul cried, desperately grabbing her husband's sleeve. "Our only daughter!"

Jangmi was seated on the floor, silently sewing up the loose threads of her hanbok, listening to her mother's hopeless pleads.

A letter had arrived from the Imperial Palace that morning, declaring the union between the Emperor and Jangmi. Not a word had been shared with the public, and Jangmi was thankful for it. She didn't quite fancy the pitiful stares she would receive once they found out.

"Haneul, my dear," Seomin said, gripping his wife's shoulders in an attempt to calm her. "There is nothing that we can do. The Emperor himself has ordered for this, and we must obey. And he won't kill her, he requires an heir,"

"Even so. Oh, my child, what have you got yourself into?" Haneul latched herself onto Jangmi, tears slipping from her eyes, rolling down the soft fabric of her daughter's garment.

Bless the soul who had to wed the Emperor.