ten

A small sigh escaped from Jangmi's lips, as she stared at her appearence in the mirror, looking perhaps a little more presentable since her arrival to the palace. She had washed up, scrubbing fiercely at every inch of herself, getting rid of the dirt she had compiled on the way to her new home.

Her new attire was a pale pink hanbok, and her hair had been carefully tied back into a braid, flowers within its thick locks.

The Choi girl's dark eyes flitted around the room, admiring its minimalism. She would decorate it soon, adding some colour to a home which seemed so dead within its walls.

It wasn't that she didn't like it, the boys had been so friendly towards her, eager to welcome her into the palace. It was the Emperor she wasn't fond of, with his piercing stares and unimpressed expression, though, she would never dare to tell him that.

A knock on the door caused the female to stand, and the door creaked open, revealing the youngest of Yoongi's friends.

"Dinner's ready," Jungkook smiled shyly.

"Coming," The girl dusted her hands before following the boy, thankful for the fact that the Emperor wouldn't be joining them for dinner.

...

The Emperor was joining them for dinner.

It had come a surprise to all of them, considering that Yoongi preferred to eat without the presence of others, particularly newcomers. 

The table had descended into silence as Yoongi sat at the head of the table, Jangmi in the middle of Hoseok and Jin, both of whom exchanged astounded glances.

"Well," The Emperor raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you going to eat?"

Further looks of astonishment spread across the room before each person began to take their meals, spoons scraping across the dishes to a delicious meal.

At the explosion of taste that was now prancing in her mouth, Jangmi relaxed slightly as the boys began to converse with one another, inviting her to the conversation as well.

At the disruption of silence, Yoongi's expression began to grow irritated, but the Emperor said nothing, choosing to eat in silence.

"Jangmi, pink really suits you," Namjoon complimented the girl, causing the Choi to get flustered.

"Ah, really? I always thought blue would suit me better..."

"I feel as though a pale green, sage green in fact would work," Hoseok stared at Jangmi, business-like, analysing her. "Yes, green would work perfectly!"

"Hoseok, we should take her to the royal tailor!" Taehyung piped up from besides Jimin and Jungkook. "Maybe tomorrow!"

"That would be wonderful," Jangmi smiled warmly. 

After dinner, Yoongi had disappeared by himself, not bothering to bid goodnight to his friends, something that the boys had gotten used to over a long period of time.

Jangmi found herself talking to Namjoon, the Kim explaining his current projects and dreams, and it seemed as though the youngest was just as in awe of Namjoon as she was, Jungkook staring wistfully at the older boy.

Jimin and Taehyung, she learned, were almost like twins, best friends who couldn't be separated. Hoseok was a complete ray of sunshine, and Jin was the glue that held them all together, his presence warm and comforting.

The palace certainly wouldn't be her home, but why did it feel as though she was to enjoy living here?