forty

A year had passed since the marriage of Choi Jangmi and Min Yoongi, and throughout the four seasons, their love for each other had grown stronger, their bond inseparable, and all were convinced that they were soulmates, destined to be with each other throughout every life they were to live.

Perhaps it was the lovesick smiles and puppy eyes that they gave each other, or maybe it was the affection that the Emperor gave his Empress, something that the attendants (as well as the boys) had to get used to seeing on most days.

However, one thing was ultimately crystal clear.

The Emperor worshipped the ground that his Empress walked upon.

Jangmi's parents had paid her multiple visits over the course of the year, and Cha Nari, her best friend had been delighted when receiving an invite to the Imperial Palace, joining her best friend's parents on their many visits to the Empress.

It was one particular day that the boys and Yoongi had gone out, apparently fighting the remainder of vicious rebels who had proceeded with their violent manners, her mother, Ahn Haneul and Nari were visiting her, making conversation with the Empress as they strolled around the garden.

"It's been a year," Nari raised her eyebrows. "And the Emperor is so hopelessly in love with you. When do I become an aunty?"

It appeared as though Haneul had not seen her daughter's crimson blush as she continued. "Yes, I agree, Nari. Your father and I want to see grandchildren before we go, you know?"

"Mother! Nari!" The Choi girl's flush crawled up her neck to her cheeks. "Don't be so... there's not going... I haven't even mentioned the idea of children to him! Besides, don't you think we're a bit young?"

"Not that young," Haneul scoffed. "Anyhow, His Majesty requires an heir, whether he wants children or not,"

"It's the whole reason this marriage was conducted, wasn't it?" Nari smiled smugly at the turn out of events. "Although, who thought that the cruel Emperor would fall for our soft-spoken Jangmi,"

The Empress had remained silent throughout the whole conversation, the pink on her cheeks fading.

"Little moon," Her mother said softly. "There is no pressure, we were simply saying, that is all. Ultimately, it is yours and your husband's decision to make,"

...

As night fell, the blue haze of day lifted to reveal the gentle glow of the stars, shining as though sugar spilt over black marble. Constellations smiled warmly at the sight of a sleeping nation, having watched over the world for millenia, fated to be their guiders, helpers in all things.

Jangmi yawned as she heard the creak of the door, a figure slipping inside quickly before it fell shut once more.

"Yoongi?"

The raven-haired man sneaked his arms around her waist, placing a sly peck on her lips, sending marvellous sensations across her body. His nose digged itself in her neck, his lips placing light kisses on her skin.

"I had a shower, we came back an hour ago,"

"Did you eat?"

She received a small hum from the man as he lifted his head back up, his nose brushing hers by a fraction, an unreadable expression in his eyes.

"I missed you," He mumbled. "I hated leaving you today,"

"It's only a couple of times that you must go, my love," Jangmi smiled at his pout.

"Love," He whispered, and it felt as though fire was coursing through the veins of the married couple, a feeling they had not yet experienced. "I love you,"

It took the girl a few seconds to regard the words that had been uttered. He had said it first.

Various emotions flew freely through her form, her heart beating rapidly, her mind losing all composure at those three words that meant so much.

"And I love you,"

She watched the corners of his mouth grow into a bigger smile, the biggest she had seen, before his onyx orbs flitted to her lips and back to her own doe eyes - asking permission.

A small nod gave him her approval and in a quick movement, he claimed them, her eyes shut, his slender fingers trailing her cheek, her neck, her arm before he was above her.

Her hands reached for the knot in his robe, undoing the fastening, feeling a sliver of his warm, milky skin before tangling her arms around the nape of his neck, him kissing her with a sense of urgency.

She gently tugged his hair before letting her hands travel back to the material that concealed his form, pulling it.

Yoongi drew back, his lips inches away from her own.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He whispered softly, tracing her skin.

"I'm sure," She answered, pulling him back to her.

This kiss was a little more slower, filled with emotion, pure, total love and adoration towards one another... the adoration that they wanted to push through with physical touch.

The melody of their hearts were connected as their forms grew closer together.

Truly soulmates.

"I love you, Choi Jangmi," He murmered.

"I love you in this lifetime and a thousand more, forever it will be you,"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

'daechwita' is coming to an end :(

but i hope you like this chapter

lots of love and hugs

xx