seventeen

If there was one thing that Jangmi certainly understood from walking through the village alongside the boys, it was that they were extremely loved and popular amongst the crowd.

Clusters of girls and young women flocked around the square, high-pitched giggles leaving their lips and blushes splotching their cheeks whenever one of them winked or waved (mostly Jimin and Taehyung).

They had decided that they were to go to the Royal Tailor after their small trip, wanting to show the Choi girl their beloved stables and the place that they called home.

Jangmi felt slightly uncomfortable with all of the attention and looks that she was receiving, some slightly curious as to who she was to be associated with some of the finest bachelors of the nation, and some gazes judgemental, mostly from the girls who thought that they were far prettier than her to be walking around with the boys.

"First stop," Hoseok said cheerfully. "One of our favourite places. Lee Baeksu's shop!"

The group entered the little shop, and the girl could not contain her excitement at the sight of beautiful paper crafts and works of art that were proudly displayed across the shop. Various colours of bright ink were neatly placed on shelves and words of good luck blessed the store.

"Baeksu!" Jin called. "Are you in here?"

A small thud and the sound of something falling to the floor indicated the man's presence.

"Boys? Is that you?"

Lee Baeksu was a short, plump man who couldn't be much older than fifty. His features were soft and gentle, as though he could not harm even a fly. Splatters of ink decorated the sleeve of his hanbok and he looked quite tiny compared to the much larger frames of the boys and even Jangmi.

"Oh, it has been long since you lot visited my store," Baeksu grinned, but it faded slightly when he saw the new member. "And who are you, Miss?"

"Choi Jangmi," She said softly, bowing towards the man. 

"She's the Empress," Namjoon said quietly, earning a gasp from the Lee. 

"No way!" But when he saw the smug faces of the boys in front of him, Baeksu shook his head in shock. "The Emperor got married? Without the knowledge of the Kingdom?"

"It will be announced soon," Jungkook added. "But, Yoongi didn't want to let them all know. You know how he is,"

"Yes, yes," Baeksu murmered, his eyes focusing upon the Choi girl. "Well, I must say Jangmi, you're very pretty and I hope the Emperor has been treating you well, well, as much as he can,"