twenty four

Everything that had happened afterwards had been very quick. Attendants had bustled around the four returning from the dangerous borders and had dabbed at the bruises and cuts, attempting to clean up the crimson blood that staines the pale slabs of the courtyard.

But it seemed that none of the men were interested, insisting that they would stitch themselves up, a maid practically shrinking when the Emperor's cold gaze settles upon her.

As the four boys headed inside, Jangmi could feel the pounding of her heart at the sight of Yoongi's scratches and bleeding limbs. 

"So I'm guessing it was a rough couple of nights, then?" Jin made an expression as he swatted ointments on Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook, the Emperor reaching for the bottle to do it to himself before the Choi girl grabbed it first.

The Min's facial expression remained passive as he watched his wife take a cotton pad, pour a little ointment and gently tap his multiple cuts and gaping wounds. 

All the while, the rest of the boys watched with smirks upon their lips, anticipation and joy at the fact that perhaps the married couple were getting closer.

"Yes," Yoongi mumbled, unable to prevent his sharp intake of breath. "It was,"

"I'm sorry," Jangmi said softly, her face now ever more closer to his so that he could take a good look at her.

Apart from when he had kissed her at their wedding, Yoongi had never had the time to fully appreciate his wife's features. Her lovely doe eyes and lips the colour of cherry blossoms. Her dark hair that flowed behind the satin pink hanbok that she was dressed in. 

Feeling a pair of eyes on her, the Choi girl glanced upwards, the Emperor's onyx dark orbs fixed upon her face. A flush of red crawled up her neck as she tried to ignore his stare.

And it seemed that both had forgotten they were not the only ones in the room.