twenty six

The request had been so simple, so straightforward, but to execute it without feeling anxious or riddles with complete and utter fear was the problem.

Choi Jangmi's eyes fell upon that of her husband's hooded, clouded with exhaustion, his fever battling him. 

"Please?" He mumbled, his voice croaky. "I promise you I won't kill you in your sleep,"

"Well, you're going to have to hold that plan for a while," The Empress murmered, gathering the skirt of her hanbok, and slipping in next to the Emperor, in the warmth of his bed.

Neither of the two knew how to react at their close proximity. If either shifted onto one side, then only a few inches would be spare until they would feel the others' breath fanning their lips.

Jangmi glanced to her side, only to see Yoongi looking at her with utmost curiosity. His obsidian pupils trying to figure her out.

"You should sleep, Your Majesty," She whispered softly. "Otherwise you will not be rested tomorrow,"

He could feel his eyelids dropping, adhering to her words, her lovely voice giving him goosebumps all over, although, he would never admit to that himself.

"Call me... call me Yoongi," He uttered, before slumber overtook him.