twenty eight

By the time the rest of the palace had risen from their slumber, the Empror and his Empress had disappeared into the hidden folds of the library. The female had eaten her food and had been pleasantly surprised when her husband offered her to show the girl some of the ancient scrolls, dating back to the Goryeo dynasty.

"It's so... aristocratic," Jangmi's slender fingers traced the ink with precision. "These have been here since the palace's construction, you say?"

"Yes, they were transferred from the Royal Archives nearly three centuries prior to my reign," Yoongi answered. "Whilst I am not the most avid of readers, it is interesting to see an archive of history within the palace walls,"

"Oh, I agree," The Choi girl nodded. "To have this at your beck and call is a dream many pray for,"

Whilst the married couple continued to converse with one another, the Emperor explaining the text and unfamiliar words to his wife, the pair were blissfully unaware of the concealed smiles and approving nods from their friends behind the door.

"Oh, look at them!" Hoseok whispered, a large smile beaming from his face. "They're growing closer,"

"See!" Namjoon said, truimphantly. "I knew getting Yoongi married would be a good idea,"

"Nobody said it was a bad idea," Jin mumbled, although he too had a soft expression as he watched the girl stare at her husband with a longing look in her eyes. "Everyone was just wary of whether he would like it or not,"

"Well," Jimin smirked. "It seems that Yoongi certainly likes his wife, and Jangmi seems to have fallen for him, too,"

"That, they have,"