Chapter 34: Darkness

Naru yawned widely as she strolled through what once was Konoha streets but now was pure rubble.

"The rebuilding has moved fast," Mamoru stated, Naru smiled gently, rubbing his head gently. "Wanna check on Tsunade?" She gave a nod gently climbing on his back and held on as he ran through towards the tent that was set up for the Hokage.

Unfortunately, due to her protecting the whole village she used almost all of her chakra and fell into a coma, and no one knew if she would wake up soon or at all.

"Oye Naru! Naru-nee-chan!!" Mamoru skidded to a stop spotting the two that called for her.

"Is that? Inari?" She questioned the young boy she once knew who was older but still familiar accompanied by the older man.

"Yep, the land of Waves heard Konoha needed help, and just like when you came to our aid, we've come to help you." He grinned, Naru smiled and embraced the young boy who came to her shoulder now.

"Naru-chan you've grown up quite a bit, I still can't apologize enough for wrapping you up in the Gato incident," Tazuna said.

"It's okay, how has the land of Waves been?"

"Great! And being a carpenter now I knew I had to come to help you!" Inari chirped up, Naru smiled with a nod.

"Ah, so you found each other." Kakashi's voice sounded as the jounin walked up to Naru reliving the past before going with Naru to Tsunade's tent.

o0o

"Sakura, Tsunade is really strong and she'll pull through, don't worry." Naru comforted the girl as she gnawed on her bottom lip later that evening. Rapid footsteps sounded before Kiba riding the large Akamaru skidded to a stop in front of the team huffing.

"There you are, I got big news!" He puffed. "It's just been announced that Tsunade has been relieved of her position as Hokage and someone named Danzo has been elected to take her place!"

"What?!" Sakura yelped.

"No way! They can't do that! She's in a coma, but she can pull through! How can the council just decide that!?"

"This isn't good," Kakashi mumbled quietly.

"And he's called for any ninja that leaves the village without permission to be hunted down and disposed of, which also means Sasuke."

"What do you mean!?" Naru questioned.

"It's protocol sadly, technically Sasuke did leave his village, yes, he left a note but has not held up to his promise, Tsunade prevented him from getting the label of rogue and being hunted down." Kakashi supplied.

"But sensei! Sasuke just went for answers, he didn't betray his village!" Sakura cried out.

"I get it, but it's the protocol to erase any ninja that leaves their village on a non-mission."
"I'm going to talk to Danzo!" Sakura said, stomping forward.

"No, you don't! You'll make it worse." Kakashi said, grabbing Sakura's shoulder. "Making a scene is the exact opposite that we need right now, there are more pressing matters to deal with, getting on his bad side won't help anyone and it sure won't help Sasuke."
"Then I'll do it! He has to listen!" Naru butted in.

"You're not thinking this through Naru! Danzo may be appointed Hokage by the Diamayo without jounin assemble, but as of now Danzo is Hokage, play anything wrong and you could be thrown in prison."

"He's right, Naru." Mamoru agreed.

"No! He's not right, this isn't right! I won't be violent or anything, I'll just talk!"
"Naru! Remember you are the Kyuubi jinchuuriki and Danzo has been itching to lock you away in the village and with your loss of sight being known, he will use the slightest outstep to lock you away for good! If you go there you'll play right into his hands, this is his plan! Don't make a scene right now." Kakashi said gripping her arm firmly, Naru slumped her shoulders with a huff, giving up her fight.