Chapter 32: Demolished

Naru moaned happily as she slurped the broth from her bowl of ramen. "Ya know there are other foods..." Shikamaru teased.

"Hm, nothing like Ichiraku's." She retorted, sticking her tongue out, he chuckled before paying the bill.

"What do you wanna do?" He questioned walking her out of the restaurant, their hands comfortably intertwined.

"Maybe sit on the mountain with the sunset?" Shikamaru nodded leading her up the mountain and both sat down on the edge overlooking the buzzing village as the sky turned multiple colors of red, orange, purple and blue.

"The village is buzzing, I guess getting ready for the Kage meeting." Shikamaru mumbled.

"Yeah, I tried to ask Tsunade but she refused to say anything, even Kakashi wouldn't tell me and Jiraiya is out of the village doing some research of some type. He assigned me a bunch of exercises and wants them completed by time he comes back." She mumbled.

"You can do it." Shikamaru chuckled.

"What about you?"
"Our father's have been teaching us the trio secret jutsu's and it's been ...."

"Troublesome?"
"Exactly." He chuckled.

A spike of chakra alerted the two ninja from their conversation as an anbu appeared behind them. "Uzumaki Naru, Lady Hokage has requested your presence in the office, please come at once."
Naru frowned before climbing on Mamoru and heading to the large building.

"Come in Naru," Tsunade called once she gave a quick knock, she smiled gently as she entered with her companion.

"You called for me?" She questioned.

"Jiraiya sent someone for you, apparently you've met in the past."

"Naru!" A familiar voice cheered, Naru smiled as arms wrapped around her neck.

"I know that voice, Fuu. What are you doing here?" She questioned.

"I met Jiraiya in the woods, he sent me here to find you, my village-"
"Ahem." Tsunade interrupted. "Naru, I want you to take Fuu around the village and tomorrow you'll set out together on a special mission."

"Oh? Just us?" Naru questioned.
"No, Kakashi, and Sakura will be with you as well, you'll meet up with them at a different location." Naru arched her brow at the obvious secrecy in Tsunade's mission.

"Okay.. why can't we just leave together?"

"Kakashi has something important to do beforehand, then he will join you."
"Then-"
"Dismissed."

Naru huffed with a pout before leaving the office, Fuu looked around in excitement of the late night village. 'Something else is going on....'

o0o

Kakashi sighed quietly as he sat perched with the other Kage guards behind drapes of the five villages symbols. 'Tsunade-sama, you really had to take my book didn't you...' He thought bitterly, glancing over at the different guards all listening to the conversation going on with very little interest like himself, despite his order of escorting Naru and Gaara to Kumo, he had to attend the Kage meeting before leaving for a reason that Tsunade refused the disclose to him, all through his sneaky suspicion was he was secretly being groomed to take her place. 'I don't know what's worse this or wall patrol...'

o0o

"GAH!!!" A young jounin cried out as he collapsed to the ground at the feet of his enemy, his eyes fading to gray as his life disappeared.