Chapter 21: Revelations.

So it's my birthday today and I was hellbent on making sure I update something today, I'm not very happy with the chapter, but I'll go back and fix it once I get the chance. Until then hope you enjoy! :3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 21: Revelations.

Team 7 and Hurizen arrived in Suna quickly and headed straight to the Kazekage tower.

"Wait you cant just barge in there!" A guard tried to say but jumped back with a yelp when Mamoru roared at him.

They got inside and were met with an empty room. "Where the hell is the Kazekage?" Kakashi growled in anger.

"He should be there." The man stuttered looking at Mamoru.

"He's gone." They turned to see Gaara standing behind them. "What's wrong?" He asked walking into the office.

"This journey was a fake."

"What journey?" He questioned.

"Suna requesting a new treaty. It was a trap, the akatsuki attacked and they took Naru." Hurizen said, Gaara looked at him in shock. "I've sent for backup but we need help to hunt her down now." He said.

"My team and I will help. I'll dispatch other teams to spread out and search." He said walking out to the guard and ordered him off which he did without question.

"Where is your father?" Hurizen asked.

"He's acted strange lately, I have had a couple ninja researching him. A week or so ago he left for a meeting. He left last night. The council has me acting as temporary Kazekage." He said.

"Okay. That's good." Hurizen said, he smirked before it fell.

"Who took her?" He asked.

"The akatsuki. A group of S-rank ninja that are targeting jinchuuriki for some reason." He said. "You are in danger as well." He said.

"I'm going after her. I wont let her suffer alone anymore." He said, Hurizen blinked a few times. "Yes, I do." He said answering the unspoken question.

"Gaara." Kankuro said appearing, he nodded his head. "We... we found father." He said. "He was killed ... long ago." He said. "Thrown in the dessert in a cavern with his guards." He said. "His face was missing." He said.

"Orochimaru." Hurizen hissed quietly.

"You know who did this?" Gaara asked.

"My old student, he defected from Konoha long ago, he masters in taking other faces perfectly." He said, Gaara hummed quietly.

"Alright Kankuro find Temari and Baki, come with me. Have Baki dispatch team 3 through 9 to search and find any traces of Naru or these people."

"Yes." He said and disappeared.

"Let's go." Gaara said, they rushed from the tower and headed to the village gates.

-o0o-

Pein watched as the transparent figures appeared around the dark cave.

"What's going on?" A young boy with long blonde hair that hung over his one eye.

"It's time for an extraction." He said.

"We're not all here." A tall figure said. "Itachi."

"Itachi will not be joining us today or ever again. He's a spy for his village." Pein said.