Chapter 27: Allies

Chapter 27: Allies.

“Jiraiya, I'm not confident in sending Naru out like that, considering the last time they were sent on a 'treaty’ mission.” Tsunade said as she sat across from her old teammate swirling a glass of sake.

“Tsunade there is no one more suited than Naru, you've seen and experienced it, Naru has a gift or an aura around her, she makes allies like it's nothing, on our journey she alone stopped two battles! She, I believe is the child that will bring peace, true peace to this world.” He said.

“Still, she is stable enough about Hiruzen and his death?”

“Honestly? No, she slips into great anger when questioned or mocked, I learned first hand, she gives into Kyuubi and slipped into the fourth tail, she is no longer Naru, she is simply a miniature version of hatred and it takes a special seal to snap her back. But it is dangerous, she nearly killed me.” He said and threw a shot down giving a slight wince.

“Kakashi will need that seal, if we are sending her after the akatsuki, she will snap. What of his healing?”

“ That's the thing, when she falls into his grasp, it doesn't heal her, it actually hurts her. She skin literally fell off after she stopped, her eyes put her through so much pain she had to be sedated due to her screams. I think besides hunting for the group Naru needs to learn control and how to take his chakra without falling to his hatred.”

“And how is that?”

“It's a rumor that a jinchuuriki and it's biju would battle head on in the seal to take the chakra of the beast, once taken they have access to his chakra and their health and much more will be fixed.”

“Where can she do this?”

“Kumogakure, it's a special, hidden area and I know Naru could convince them, but it will take a lot.”

“Fine, I will send them on this mission but you know the council will fight, with the truth about her sight out, they will fight now more than ever to keep her locked in the village as a weapon, or even to say she's not safe to be a ninja and try to remove her.”

“And as I said, they will go through hundreds to even get a split end of her hair.”

“Fine, I'll summon them in the morning.”

-_-_--_--_-_--_-_-_-_--_-

“Team 7, today you will embark on a mission. I'm confident you can complete with ease. It's travelling to the land of Rivers to update a treaty.” Tsunade said, her skilled eyes caught the stiffening of Kakashi and Sakura's shoulders. “ I know it sounds too familiar, but this time it's Konoha who is requesting this, and I've taken some measures to ensure safety.” Tsunade said. “We need to be prepared, according to Jiraiya, the Akatsuki are moving, we need to stay ahead and gain allies.”

“But even so, shouldn't we…. I mean, with everything, shouldn't Naru stay here?” Sakura asked. “I'm not trying to be mean Naru, but after the last time….” She said, the girl sighed.

“If I let my past hold me from doing what's needed, I wouldn't be a ninja now. It's gonna be hard, but I swore I'd avenge Jiji, and that's something I'm gonna make sure I keep.” She said, they smiled at the determination.

“Well according to Jiraiya, you're the only one who could do this mission, he's fighting the council, I want you to do what you do best.”

“Yes ma'am.”

“Set out at dusk, the town will expect you in two days. Good luck.”

They bowed and walked out of the office quietly. “Naru, are you sure?” Sakura asked.