Chapter 1: Naru Uzumaki

This is a new Naruto Fanfiction I am working on with another author on Fanfiction. I hope you like it! If you do head over to my fanfiction and check out my other stories!

Mōmoku no Kitsune means Sightless Fox!

If you like it add to your library and review please! Thanks! If you follow me, I'll follow you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1.

Hiruzen Sarutobi, the Sandiame Hokage of Konohagakure, walked up the steps of the rundown apartment complex. As he walked to the last door at the end of the hallway he stopped and knocked on the door. He waited silently until he finally heard shuffling from the other side.

"Saru?" a small feminine voice sounded through the closed door.

"Yes." He replied back. The door opened and he smiled at the small girl standing in front of him. She was rather short for her age, only 4'8". She had golden blonde hair that was currently up in a ponytail with some of her bangs hanging right down the middle of her face covering her Hitai-ate. She had really light blue eyes and three whisker marks on each cheek.

She stepped back inside allowing him to enter her small apartment. He followed her inside and shut the door behind him and then went over to take a seat at the dining table. "How are you doing Naru?" he asked the 12 year old girl.

"You mean everything considered?" she retorted, which caused Hiruzen to chuckle a little while she sighed. "I'm doing okay, I think... I guess on some account, I kind of always knew." She said while shrugging.

"Well, you got to graduate." He said, she snorted.

"Is that really a good thing? Because I'm not entirely sure." She said with a sigh and sat down.

"It'll be okay Naru, and you are a Genin so the mission's won't be too ha-"

"I'm not worried about the missions, I'm worried about being on a team." She said. "You know I don't work well with others..." she said trailing off.

"Which is kind of strange considering..." he said, Naru snorted. "Did anyone figure it out at all?" he asked.

"No, I mean I don't think anyone did. I've trained myself and everything for so long to keep it up." She said with a shrug. "Soooo, who am I going to be teamed up with?" she finally asked, unable to wait to contain herself.

"Naru, you know I really shouldn't..." he started, but stopped after seeing her face. "But for you I can make an exception. Your teammates are going to be Haruno Sakura..." she groaned and tipped her head back. "And Uchiha Sasuke."

"Why don't you just put an anchor on my leg and push me off of a cliff?" she said, as he gave her a small smile. "It fit..." he said.

"And if they were fair over there, I would be with Shika and Hina." She said. "It should be that way, they were the only ones to figure out the truth." She said while rubbing her head. "Well, who is going to be my Sensei?"

"Hatake Kakashi." He replied.

"He doesn't know does he?" She asked with a small whine in the back of her throat.

"No, and if you don't want him to know, I won't tell him." He said.

"No please don't." she said, he nodded.

There was a pop and smoke hissed as it disappeared. Hiruzen saw her loyal summon Mamoru, a large snow leopard with bright blue eyes, a leather collar, and a vest that had the Uzumaki clan symbol on it. Mamoru was Naru's protector and rarely left her side.

"Hello Moru." Naru said, he came up and licked her cheek with a purr. She chuckled as he walked over and began to eat his supper that was already made up.

"Oh, I got you the Jutsu scrolls you asked about." Hiruzen said and pulled out the scroll and gave it to her. She smiled and accepted the scroll. "I have to get going." He said while getting up. "I just wanted to check on you after the whole Mizuki incident." He said, she nodded and looked up at him. He cupped her face and she smiled at him. "Do they bother you anymore?" he asked.

"No, there is.....nothing." she said sadly, a tear falling from her eye, which Hiruzen wiped away.

"It'll be okay Naru." He said, she nodded.

"Yeah." She whispered.

"You know how to get me if you need to." He said, she nodded with a smile which he returned. "Goodnight Naru." He said and left the apartment, closing the door behind him.

She sighed and opened the scroll and ran her fingers over the scroll and felt the small bumps on it, she 'read' the scroll with the bumps.

What were the bumps exactly? They were Braille. Why did she have a scroll with braille on it? It was simple really, because when Naru was 9 years old she went completely blind.

When she was 9 years old Naru went missing for two days. Hiruzen didn't stop searching for the girl he considered his own granddaughter. He finally found her in an alley, in a wounded and confused state, in the pouring rain on one of the coldest nights of the year. She had been beaten and left to die.

When he found the girl, he picked her up and carried her to his home and bandaged her a little and that's when she told him that she couldn't open her eyes. She told him someone had hit her with some chakra and she hadn't been able to open her eyes and see anything since then. They had left her in a rundown building and she had managed to crawl her way out of the building into the alley that he had found her in. No one had helped the child because she held the feared Kyuubi no Kitsune, and if Hiruzen hadn't been out hunting for the child, she could have died there.

Hiruzen kept her in his house for two days until he had to travel to Suna for a meeting. He took her with him and took her to one of the top eye doctors who was currently in Sunagakure. He had examined her and got her to be able to open her eyes and heal some of the damage, but told them that because the damage was so extensive that she would never be able to see again.

The girl had been devastated and was ready to give up all hope in life, but Hiruzen came up with an idea and got her specially trained in secret, and as time went on her hearing heightened along with her sense of smell.

She learned how to 'see' with her ears, nose, and body. She learned how to read the air around her, to fell the vibrations in the ground. And she never acted like she couldn't see and continued on her path to becoming a ninja. Hiruzen even got her the summoning scroll of her mother's clan so that she would have a companion.

Naru smiled as she read the words then sighed. She stood up grabbing the scroll and walked down the hall into the extra room which she had turned into a practice/study room. She had a set of shelves with all of her scrolls on them. The floors were padded so she could work out, and she had a training dummy hanging in the corner.

She set the scroll down and began to focus and work on the new Jutsu Hiruzen brought her.

Mamoru came in and laid down on the side of the room watching her carefully to make sure that she didn't hurt herself.

After two hours of training Naru stood in the room panting hard and shaking. The clone in front of her disappeared as Mamoru stood up.

"Naru-sama, come. It's time for bed." He rumbled.

"A few more minutes." She said and moaned and put her hands on her knees. He growled and walked up, grabbing her shirt in his teeth. She whined as he dragged her along. He was large enough to drag the small girl along easily with no issues. He pulled her into her bedroom and let her go. He bumped her forward, and she stumbled slightly and walked over and searched. She found her pj's and changed. She crawled into her bed and covered herself up. Mamoru jumped on the bed with her and curled up next to her. She smiled and stroked his soft fur.

"Night Moru." She whispered as her eyes closed.

"Goodnight Naru." He purred as they both fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys like it, if you do review and add to your library! And vote for it too! :)