Chapter 26: Searching

Finally a damn update! I'm so sorry everyone. I had some issues and I couldn't write anything at all. I fell in a deep pit and nearly lost. I'm still battling them, I'm gonna try to get my fire for writing reignited. So please bear with me and thank you for waiting this long!
Happy New year!
-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 26: Searching.

The sun was rising slowly in the sky, birds chirped as they woke up and started their daily routine. The young figure walked through the forest with his hood pulled up over his head hiding it from anyone who may be passing by.

A hawk's cry sounded making him pause and look to the clear sky and watched as the hawk flew down before landing on his outstretched arm.

"Another note.... of course." He mumbled untying the paper from the bird and let the hawk jump from his arm to his shoulder as he unfolded the notes.

Sasuke-kun,

I know you must be tired of these notes, but I want to keep you informed on the going ons of Konoha. It's been three years since you left in the night and I know you said you couldn't return, but I wish you would.....

The biggest news that has everyone buzzing is the fact that Naru has returned with Jiraiya-sama. Now all that's left is for you to return and Team 7 will be whole.

I hope you are doing well and staying safe. Please come home to me- us soon.

Love, Sakura.

He snorted quietly before sending the hawk away without a note, he refolded the note and let his pack slide from his back before slipping the paper in one of the pockets before continuing on.

'It's been three years already... and yet I have accomplished nothing. I'm no closer to Itachi, or any answers.' He thought and huffed rubbing his forehead.

-Flashback

Sasuke sighed as he arrived to his apartment after speaking with Naru earlier in the night. He sat down on his bed and stared at the wooden floor.

"It would be a challenge, I guess, but I'd have to learn more from both sides before I could truly make a decision. I'd have to see from the outside and inside." Naru's voice echoed, he huffed grabbing some papers and sitting at his desk and pulled up a pen holding it above the paper before letting the tip touch the paper and let his hand write on it's own without over thinking it. He finished the first page and folded it up and moving it to the side, he went to stand before looking at the team photo and at Kakashi's face, he groaned and grabbing another page and wrote Kakashi's name on the top.

Kakashi,

I've been thinking a lot about what Itachi told us and despite his advice and yours I can't stay in the village that took my family and took Itachi away from me. I can't continue to believe and follow the 'will of fire' nonsense and I don't think I could hold in my hatred for the village. I feel like I could make a grave mistake and attack the village and it's inhabitants. While that doesn't sound like such a bad thing, I know it's not right. Konoha is not a suitable place to live.

I need answers and I can't find them in Konoha. Bear with me and I'll keep you informed. I promise to meet every month in the old Uchiha building located 500 miles from Konoha to the southeast. I'll be there and we'll talk more.

Sasuke frowned a little adding just a little bit of chakra to the bottom of the page covering the location for safety. He quickly grabbed his pack and began to fold his clothes and supplies up sliding them inside the bag, he sighed as he laid his hitai-ate on the top and looked at the photo of team 7 before setting it inside and closing his pack heading out to the sleeping village. He walked to the Hokage tower and slipped inside setting his notes on the desk before disappearing in a flash sticking to the shadows before reaching the gates and turning around giving his village one last look and disappeared into forest.