Chapter Two - The Jenna Thing

The five of us were all at the Apple Rose Grill, talking about the days events. I sat between Aria and Emily, and across from Hanna and Spencer. We were all talking about the funeral and what happened. But to be honest the main thing that I was wondering why Jenna was there, she and Ali hated each other.

"Why was Jenna there?" Aria wondered, gosh its scary how much we're alike.

"I guess she's back." Spence replied toying with her drink, which most of us were doing anyway.

"That cop acted like we were suspects or something." Hanna stated with a tint of fear in her voice.

"That cop, Han, reeked of harassment and corruption. We better be careful of him." I commented taking a sip of my drink, the had a french fry

"Do you think we looked guilty." Emily wondered, her face betrayed her emotions, unlike most of us she was easy to read, but I love her anyway.

"Em, why would we? We haven't done anything wrong." I looked at her pointedly 

"Except lie about the Jenna thing." Han retorted

"We promised we'd never bring up the Jenna thing again, remember. It never happened " Spencer rebuffed her, even now she like the rest of us were still scared in silence about what had happened.

"Have you found a way to forget?"Ari questioned, Han took her flask out of her bag and opened it. Oh she had the right idea for now.

"Han" I gestured for her to give me some and i pour some into my glass and handed it back. I took a swig of my amped up drink and felt myself chill out. I was too tense and worried, I never thought clearly when I was like that.

"I still wake up sometimes in the middle of the night...." Aria went on to admit. I snap my attention towards her with a slight glare.

"Aria-" i stop her

"It's medicinal ." i looked over to who Han was talking to and he gave me and her looks of disapproval. I rolled my eyes at the older couple.

"Cramps." I dead panned

"Wow Erica, sweet and innocent you are not." Hanna commented with a small smirk and I shrug not really phased by what had happened.

"Oh Hanna Banana. I only dress like a girl next door. Don't think I act like one. This is how I forget." I took a sip of my drink.

"I don't get it. How does A know something about me that only Alison knew." Ems inquired, hoping one of us would know.

"Ali knew all of our secrets, but we knew none of hers." Aria added

"I knew some." Spence mumbled

"Same." I raised my hand slightly. The rest of them looked at the two of us expecting more of an answer than a small comment.

"Go on.Talk." Hanna stated

"I can't" Spence replied and I just didn't say anything. Not that I wasn't up for spilling everything Ali now that she was gone and there would be no blowback from Queen B herself. But that was not my style, at least not right after her funeral.

"No, you can just drop a bomb like that and clam up." Aria added

"She'd kill us if we told you." i huff, shifting uncomfortably then have some more of my drink before glancing back up at the others.

"She's dead" Han retorted

"She was seeing someone that summer." Spencer admitted, again uncomfortable, as much as Ali and I had a complicated friendship we could be eerily similar.