Chapter Ten - Keep your Friends Close

We were stood at Hanna's locker at school a couple of weeks after the whole Storm thing. I was texting Jason, when Hanna's voice brought me back to the present.

"okay, I need to ask you guys something and I need you to be completely honest with me." We agreed

"is this side of my faces fatter than that side." we looked, my eyes narrowed examining both sides of the face.

"No." we agreed and she sighed.

"Is that Ian?" Aria asked and we looked over to where she was. Low and behold Ian was greeting other students in a smug and arrogant way.

"Yeah. I hear he's the new field hockey coach." Spencer informed us.

"Does Melissa, know he's back?" Emily wondered

"I don't know why she broke up with him." Hanna commented and I rolled my eyes she was oogling him.

"She didn't. He broke up with her." Spencer replied. Mona strutted up to us.

"Hey. The first one is for my bestie and these ones are for my bestie other friends." she handed us all a card tied in yellow ribbon

"Thanks, but what are these?" I wonder

"Oh nothing much. Only an invitation to the most awesome birthday party ever, Camp Mona." I was shocked, I would never but camping and Mona in the same sentence."

"Camp Mona." Aria and I said at the same time.

"Don't let the title fool you it's Glamping not camping and the M is for Mona and massages, not mosquitoes. Oh Namoi, Riley, wait up." she left us hanging and slightly confused and shocked.

"why is Mona inviting us to her birthday party?" Spencer questioned confused and glancing down at the invite.

"She knows that we're friends again and she's just trying to reach out to you." Hanna replied

"Well I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, I feel tense with all this A stuff so if Mona is offering I'm taking her up on it. Heck I might even buy her a decent present." I stated, Hanna beamed at me.

"What about the rest of you?" she asked the others

"I've got a lot of stuff to do this weekend." Aria lied, Emily and Spencer nodded

"Us too."

"Party poopers." are phones started dinging with a text, ah man, not again.

-Camp Mona's a scavenger hunt and I'm the prize. Come and find me bitches A -

-------------

I was picking up the laundry before school, when Dad came out of his room.

"Oh, I was actually going to do that tonight." he told me, thankfully not crossing into dangerous waters, yet.

"Sure you were. Mike, Aria bring you're laundry out! Mike you have five minutes before we leave!" I called

"Kay!" he answered

"I've got it here." I went into my room and grabbed my laundry.

"Well I think we should all pitch in a little more around here. We could each choose a night to cook and then do the laundry and then pay the bills and her your brother with his homework. Then find time to grade papers, write lectures and go to PTA meetings..."

"You act like I care about what your saying." I stop him with a hand on my hip and a pointed look.

"Erica." he sighed

"What..."

"Ric." I looked past my dad and to my brother who had his laundry.

"Here." I pointed to the basket he came and dropped it in