Chapter Seven - The Homecoming Hangover

-3rd Person-

"Erica!"

"Erica!" the girls shouted near the chemistry labs. Spencer switched on the lights and the flickered but wouldn't turn fully on . She flipped the switch again and it stopped.

"Um, why don't we split up." Spencer suggested

"Um, why don't we not?" Hanna retorted

"Han you can come with me." Aria offered. the other two nodded.

"Wait just let me try her again." Aria called her sister. Aria's ringtone on her sister phone started ringing and the looked to the chem lab at the end of the hall. Aria picked her sisters phone up. As the three of them stared at the open door. Spencer went and looked inside as the other three followed . They looked at the messed up lab.

"Is that?" Em asked pointing ad the red liquid on the floor

"Blood" Hanna finished

"Don't go there." Spencer breathed heavily

"Why not. My sister was here with Toby. Oh my god, what if he's hurt her." Aria covered her mouth now having a panic attack about her missing sister.

Meanwhile, Toby was in his car, he looked at the rearview mirror and as the unconscious body of his best friend Erica, who had a bleeding gash on her head. He then looked back worried at the young girl who only an hour ago he was dancing and smiling with. He hear the familiar sirens of a ambulance as he pulled up outside the hospital. Toby got out of the car and went to get Erica out. lifting her into his arms he took her to a paramedic.

"She needs help. Please help her." The took over and watches as she went inside. He panicked , this was all wrong. He scared her, he didn't get to make sure she knew the truth now everyone would fill in the wrongful gaps. He needed to lay low. Getting in the car he drove off.

-Erica-

I sat in my bedroom with the Spencer, Aria and Emily telling me what they had found. I had a sprained wrist with cuts and bruises.

"It was all in his shrinks file. Toby and Jenna had a relationship." Aria informed me as she sat on my bed while I rested against the headboard.

"Way beyond step siblings" Spencer added with her arms folded, I told wth the hassles on my blanket.

"They were involved." Aria continued

"Romantically?" I asked looking up

"I doubt I'd call it romantic. I doubt she had much of a choice." Spencer answered

"And that's what Alison saw when she threw that stink bomb." My sis added to the explanation

"Yeah and she threatened to expose Toby, which is probably why he wanted her dead. Yeah and not just her. Us, and you." I cleared my throat and looked away.

"You don't believe us?" Spencer asked

"I do, I just don't get it. If Toby wanted to do to me what he did to Alison then why am I in bed and not a body bag? I mean we've been hanging out for a while, it just doesn't make sense." I sighed "He didn't look like he wanted to hurt me. In fact he looked scared when I freaked, I saw your message and then his tattoo, I put it together and ran."

"Have you told the police?" Emily asked

"No, I told them that I went out for air and my heel caught on something." I shifted my hair to my side

"Well, why didn't you tell him he attacked you?" Aria asked not getting what I had to the police.

"I wanted to speak to you guys first to get the full picture, but it's having the opposite affect." I admitted, what the feeling me was the truth but I knew there was more to it and they didn't know, Toby did but he wasn't here.