Chapter Eight - Please Do Talk about me when I'm gone

The memorial bowl had finally arrived. I helped Aria push it in to Spencer's living room. I grunted as we finally had it inside.

"It's about time. I was afraid that she wouldn't get it done in time for Ali's memorial." Aria said as we pushed it in to the living room.

"And this was someone from your Mom's gallery?" Hanna asked she flicked through some of the plans we had come up with.

"Yep." I huffed as we stopped. I leant on it catching my breath.

"Where is your Mom?" Em asked us getting up from the sofa to come and help us take it out of the box.

"There is a apartment above the gallery. So she's staying there for now." Aria answered as I finally caught my breath.

"Kind of weird isn't it?" Hanna muttered and I turned to her "Your Mom moving out."

2Yeah cause my Dad should have moved out. That's what you would expect." my sister sassed over to her

"Ari." I turned to her as Spencer joined us

"Sorry, that's not what I meant. This whole thing just sucks." I rap my arm around my sister as Spencer hands me a screw driver. I got to take out one of the screws.

"Did anyone call Shelly Lennard?" Em asked

"Done. I told her that if she played anything depressing I will kick her cello." I chuckled at my friend

"Go Spencer." I joke "What about the program ?" I wonder giving her a screw.

"Almost done but we should finish it before Ali's brother get's here." she replied to me

"When's that?" Ari asks

"Tonight. But he wants to see us in the morning." I answered and they looked at me "What?"

"God, you know what? I barely remember Jason." Hanna says as she comes up to join us.

"We didn't know him. He was just Ali's brother down the hall." Aria replied and I shifted uncomfortably "Behind a closed door."

"With his hardcore punk-music vibrating the floorboards." Emily added with a small laugh.

"Yeah, and me banging on his door to shut the hell up because I was trying to sleep." we laughed. I shake my head remembering.

"How did he get into an Ivy league school." Aria wondered

"I don't know, it must have been an affirmative action for punks and emos" We lifted the lid off and saw the bowl.

"It's amazing." I breathed it had six girls each represent one of us with Ali in the middle of course

"Pedestal's already out there next to the bench. This goes up Friday morning." Spencer told us.

"Do you think Jason will like it?"Em questioned

"Of course he'll like it." I rested my elbow on the box and looked at it.

"You know years from now, people are gonna see this memorial and that all they know about Ali. She'll be the girl that they dedicated the bench to. We'll all be gone but she will still be remembered." Aria commented as we admired the bowl.

"That's immortality my darlings." I imitated Ali as I remembered the day she said that by the lake.

"Where did she get that. A movie?" Ari wondered

"Ali was a movie." Spence replied.

---------------------

I woke up late and now I was rushing to Spencer's for the meeting with Jason. When I arrived I was all in a tizzy and oblivious.