Chapter Seventeen - The New Normal

I still stood there, in a stated of shock, this really couldn't be happening right? I mean A kept their mouth shut this long, why now and why this secret.

"Erica, sit down please." Mum asked of me and I did so. I gulped slightly. Mom slid across some papers.

"Someone sent these to me this morning." I looked at them. There were photo's of Jason and I out on our date and at the park. They spoke volumes.

"Can you explain these?" Dad pointed to them and I straightened a little, I refused to show them my weakness.

"What is there to explain?" I shrugged.

"Erica, these look like you're in a relationship with Jason Dilaurentis. Which can't be true because he is like seven years older than you and you're sixteen."

"I..." the door opened and shut. Aria and Mike walked and we looked at them, them I would falter at my armour cracking and tears welled up.

"What's going on?" Aria wondered

"Aria take your brother upstairs please." Dad told my sister.

"Not until I know Erica's crying." Mike refused and came over to me

"Mike, go upstairs with your sister now!" Mom ordered . I looked up at Mike and nodded, he and Aria made their way upstairs.

"Erica how long has this been going on?" Dad questioned but I didn't answer him

"Answer me, Erica!" Dad ordered and I refused to back down to the likes of him.

"I don't have to answer shit." I sneered at him "I wouldn't tell you about this if you were the only person here so kiss my ass."

"Erica, do not speak to your father like that." Mom argued

"like he can get so high and mighty about a forbidden relationship. You want answers I'll tell them but only to you. You i can trust to at least hear me out first." I folded my arms

"No absolutely not." Dad denied but I could see Mom was thinking about it, She was the mor rational one out of the two, despite what had happened with Dad

"Byron maybe you should." Mom sighed

"She's pitting us against each other." I snorted

"You do not need my help for that, just have another leggy blonde walk past you..."

"Enough Erica." Mum snapped. I sighed deflated. Mom muttered something to him and he huffed leaving the room.

"Why? There are so many nice boys out there so why him?" Mom wondered. I bit my lip trying to think of how to phrase it.

"He makes me feel safe and loved." I answered. i cleared my throat to continue "Before we started dating, before we even knew there was anything between us. I was going through some dark stuff and I was in deep waters. One night I was at a party and it didn't end well, he was there and he got me out of it."

"What happened?" I shook my head

"It was bad, I've dealt with it since then. I'm leaving it at that. But because of what happened I started spiralling and I was apart of this vicious cycle that I kept going back to what was triggering to me in the first place." I continued to explain as best as I could without rehashing old things that had happened and I wanted to keep in the past.

"Why didn't you say something."

"I had my reasons." I told her "The spiralling went on for a couple of months, then Jason found me, again at a party but he stopped me before I could get any worse and we kissed. I t was totally random and we were both drunk but I remember everything stopped, the negativity stopped and I felt safe, comforted like nothing in this moment was going to hurt me.