Chapter Sixteen - Je Suis une Amie

-Erica-

I was getting ready for school, once I was finished getting ready I head into my sisters room, she was doing her eyeliner.

"You ready?" I ask

"Nearly." she replied and I nodded sitting on her bed and waiting for her to finish. Dad leant against the door frame to talk to us.

"So it's just gonna be you three tonight and your brother wants to order in for Sausage Heaven." Dad told us.

"Again?!" we complain. I swear my brother is obsessed with that place, it was unhealthy in every sense of the word.

"Seriously, the closes thing they have to a vegetable is a paper plate." Aria continued

"Listen just tell Mike it's one of your night's to pick, okay?" Aria nodded, I just didn't say anything.

"Okay, so you're defiantly not eating with us?"

"Uh no, I've got this thing and it's uh with the head of the department and dinner's included, so." My head tilted slightly as I analysed him for a moment, something was off, more off than usual. He was lying, I knew he was because ever since he cheated and had become more acutely aware.

"Ok" He left.

"Oh hey Dad, we need your pledge for the dance marathon, the deadlines today." she shouted down.

"Oh, right. That's right. My check book is in my jacket in the hall." he called back. I followed Aria to the chair the was in the hall way, she handed me hers and checked in his pocket and pulled something out that wasn't a check book, I was nosy and took a look. it was a ticket to the same museum Aria and Fitz went to.

"Did you find it?" Dad asked I reached the pocket and pulled it out..

"Yeah." Dad came back and too the check book from me.

"What's this?" she asked him

"It's a ticket for the museum ." he answered of handedly

"Well is it your?" I questioned

"No, no, it's uh. It's your mothers ." I gave him a questioning look "Uh, her car broke down and she needed to borrow mine to get there."

"So she was there Thursday night." Aria tried to confirm.

"Yeah." he nodded, he was lying, they were both lying because Aria clearly told me that the artist never showed up.

"I mean I think so. Uh, you know actually you should really talk to your mum about it. Here you go." he handed us both checks and I moved out of the way.

"Thanks." Aria mumbled.

"Aria, I need to drop some work off at Toby's. I totally spaced last night" She nodded and then shook her head as if to clear it.

"Okay, let's go." Mike had already left so we drove to Toby's house.

"i'll be right back." I jogged up the steps and knocked on the door, Toby answered and stepped outside

"Hey, I brought this over for you." I handed him the English assignment and he took it from me.

"Thanks."

"You need to read chapters four and 5 then basically just do what you did with the other papers." I explained and he gave me a small smile.

"I'll text you when it's done."

"Toby, look I'm sorry I've spaced lately." i apologised

"it's fine, is everything okay?"

"No." I sighed "I had a fight with Jason, was the total bitchy girlfriend and gave him an ultimatum, be an actual boyfriend and stop ditching and end things." I explained adjusting my bags.