Errand boy

I wake up yawning ready for the day ahead of me. The first thing I do is check my phone to see if I have any messages. Looking at the screen I read Tony's message.

Yes, I'm not doing any work today! I don't know what I'll do throughout the day though.

I have a shower, get dressed and do my hair. Looking out the window, I think of what to do. Then I hear a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I say loudly. Surprisingly it's Bucky. "Hey. Steve said he wants to talk to you." He says leaning on the door frame. "Oh, okay" I stand up off of the bed "Do you know where he is?" I ask grabbing my plate from the bedside table. "He's on the 2nd floor" Bucky replies.

Damn his morning voice is nice. "Thanks" I smile walking past him into the corridor. "You're welcome doll." I hear as I'm walking to the lift. I shake my head hearing him chuckle behind me.

I finally make my way into the lift but as soon as the door was about to close Bucky opens it. "Hello again." I greet stepping aside for him to step in. He doesn't say hello but hums.

He presses button 4 and takes the place next to me. I don't actually know what is on floor 4. 1 is the entrance and exit, 2 is the common room as I call it, 3 is the lab, 5 and 6 are other flats with rooms, 8 is the pools and nine is the very top of the block with the meeting room. But I don't know what is on number 4.

Me and Bucky stand in awkward silence as we wait. What did I say! The lifts need music! The bell dings after what felt like hours and the doors open to the 4th floor.

By the looks of it it's a gym? That makes sense. No one I know at the moment goes in there. Nat says she goes in there all the time, but when I asked Tony he said she hasn't stepped a foot there.

Bucky stands for a while. He looks like he is thinking. Before he leaves he presses all of the buttons. "Wha-" was all I could say as the doors shut.

I saw a glimpse of Bucky smirking at the last second. Well, I'm going to have to explain this to Steve when he asks why I took so long.

Time skip to after the lift ride

I get off the lift after 5 minutes. I was so fed up on the ride that I was talking my to myself, dancing and singing. Shit I hope there isn't any cameras in there.

I walk a few steps away from the doors and see Steve eating his breakfast. It looks like toast with jam on top. I walk to the kitchen and place my bowl near the sink and turn around to face Steve.

"Hey! Sorry I took so long Bucky pressed all the buttons on the lift." I say leaning on the counter. He chuckles. "He doesn't normally do things like that." He says taking a bite of toast. "It's fine, I'm having my breakfast anyways.

Sam walks in the kitchen from the corner of my eye with an empty glass. "Hey guys do you know where Bucky is? He lost a bet and has to do something for me."

Steve shakes his head with a mouthful of toast. "He's in the gym on floor 4. Is there any chance you can tell me what bet he lost?" I ask politely.

"Thanks and no way. You didn't make me any food yesterday." He answers putting his glass next to my empty bowl. "Oh come on! I can make you breakfast." I try and budge. "Already had it"
"Lunch?"

"Going out with a friend"

"Dinner?"

"Friend"

"...Wait a minute you have no friends!"

"Wow that hurt" he says fake crying and putting his hand to his chest. "And just because of that, I'm not going to tell you." He walks out of the room toward floor 4.

"That was amusing" Nat says sat next to Steve. "When did you get there?" I ask confused pointing at her.
"Just after you told Sam where Bucky was"

"Oh, okay" I say getting a breakfast bar out of a draw. "Anyway, Bucky said you wanted to talk to me?" I ask eating.

"No? I didn't tell him to get you."

"What! So that fucker lied. And he listens to all of your orders?" I ask the last bit amused.

"Language and yes. He's kinda like my errand boy" he chuckles.

"I'm going to tell him you said that. Even if I'm angry at him right now."

"Wait. You're going to tell him now?" He questions looking scared.

"Yep, why you scared?"

"Nope, not at all. I was just wondering if you could grab my water bottle from the gym while you're there?" He saves.

"No problem" I smirk going in the lift.

"She's not actually going to tell him is she" Steve whispers to Natasha. "She is totally going to tell him."

Time skip off of the lift

I walk away from the open doors and start walking down the hallway. Opening the doors to the gym I try and find Bucky. I see him at the punching bag... without a shirt. Shit! I did not think about this.

As I try to step away he spots me. "What are you doing here?"

"Steve said you are his errand boy. Just thought you would like to know" I try not to look down at his stomach.

"Okay? Are you only here to tell me that"

"No I'm here to get Steve's water bottle"

"Seems like your his errand girl" he smirks

"Well... I actually came here to use the gym and Steve said to get his water bottle while I'm there." I save. Shit, I looked down. I don't think he saw.

He nods laughing. "Do you want to train with me?"

"Yeah, sure" No, no, no. I do not. Why did I say that.

"Okay all the equipment is over there" he points over at a corner.

"Oh, and by the way doll, my eyes are up here"