- 3 -

DAVINA WASN'T IN the best mood

DAVINA WASN'T IN the best mood. She had awoken at 5 in the morning leaving her with 3 hours of sleep at least and it had been another nightmare of her time in captivity. She sat there till 8 o'clock coming up with a game plan on how to handle this situation, seeing her father and his friends so young and happy.

She finally exited her room and trudged down the stairs. She looked a mess with her hair everywhere and her clothes hanging off her thin body. When she arrived downstairs she placed her head on the counter and ran a hand through her hair.

"Good morning?" Someone asked.

"I wish" she muttered, though it came out muffled through her arms. She heard a plate on the counter causing her to lift her head up. The sweet smell of maple syrup wafted through her nose and the oily smell of bacon made her heart flutter.

"It's been a while hasn't it" Aberforth muttered, noticing her expression. She shook her head half-heartedly keeping her eyes on the plate. Grasping the fork she poked it a little, watching it and hoping that it was all real and safe.

"It's not poisoned" he murmured. He watched as she practically scarfed down the food within 5 minutes. She glanced at the older man sheepishly before thanking him for the meal.

"Can I go outside?" She asked.

"Don't go too far," he remarked. Davina got up and climbed up to her room to pick a decent outfit. She didn't know the date or the weather but decided on long clothes because they covered most of her body, not that she was insecure or anything, but the scars drew attention.

Hogsmeade looked exactly like it had in the future. The shops still sold pretty much the same things and the set-up was almost identical. She walked around in the snow and couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face.

It had been a long time since her last visit to Hogsmeade and she sucked in all the comfort it brought to her. The first time in Hogsmeade was when she snuck in with Harry. Her father was a criminal and she wasn't allowed to go because the ministry thought she was aiding her old man.

She walked to the shrieking shack and let a smile appear on her face. This was the first time she had met her father and realised that he wasn't guilty like the rest of the world assumed. She had stayed with the Malfoy's for most of her life but when the Dark Lord lived there she ran and stayed at the Leaky Cauldron. Gave Narcissa a good scare.

She walked into Honeydukes and the sweet smell of chocolate and candy wafted through her nose. Her favourite candy by far was licorice wands. They had been her all-time favourite despite her fathers hating for the sweet.

Aberforth had given her a few galleons and told her to buy something in hopes of cheering her up. She paid for the sweet and continued to walk through the small village, reminiscing in the small things that reminded her of her friends and past.

She returned back to Hogshead a lot happier than she had been when she left. She sat down in a booth and stared at the palms of her hand. Divination wasn't her favourite subject but it seemed to be the only thing that could predict something in order to give her the main idea.

"So what's the game plan?" Aberforth asked, sliding into the booth opposite her. It was around 1 o'clock in the afternoon and there was practically no one there. Davina sighed, before thinking back to her plan from this morning.

"I need them to hate me," she muttered. "If they hate me it's easier to solve everything without having to worry about lying to them."

"Your willing to have your father hate you?" Aberforth questioned.

"It's better if he does" Davina sighed. The idea of her father hating her made her cringe but it was the only reasonable idea she could think of. If he hated her, then she wouldn't have to worry about him and his friends. Her main focus could be the Horcruxes.

"Are you planning on telling anyone?" he asked.

"Two actually. Severus Snape and Regulus Black"

"Why those two?"

"Regulus is on the dark side, he'd have better access to the Horcruxes and I'm going to need him to obtain two of them. Severus is going to need to help Regulus and he will when he knows what happens in the future, or what I'm preventing."

"How do you know they won't betray you," Aberforth asked. The two boys were in Slytherin and from what he had heard they were not the friendliest of people.

"They won't" she stated, looking incredibly sure of herself. They couldn't. She had planned this out and it had to work. If not, she didn't know what she was going to do.

"Take these" he muttered, gesturing to the bottles of potions he had acquired. She glanced at them cautiously, still not sure if he could be trusted. Aberforth gave a reassuring smile and Davina hesitatingly drank it after taking a whiff of the potion beforehand.

She immediately felt the potion take effect on her and soothe her sore muscles and mind. She had wanted to be a healer in her past life after the war had ended. But they had been on the losing side and anyone on that side was forced into derogatory fields, like being the carrier of pureblood children or sluts for men's pleasure.

Thank the Lord, she was too important to be shipped off to that stuff and was never allowed to leave her cell. The worse torture she ever got was having to torture her small blonde friend, Luna. Her screams haunted her every moment of her life and once she had been forced to kill her they had chucked her body into her cell so she could watch the body decompose.

Shaking her head to rid herself of her thoughts, one immediately became present in her head. She hadn't thought about it until it she went to the shrieking shack and remembered a certain werewolf teacher.

"I think I might be a vampire."