- 6 -

"Kill her!" A voice screamed at her

"Kill her!" A voice screamed at her. Davina couldn't move, only sob as she stared at the blonde angel who stared back at her with heavy eyes. 

"If you don't kill her I'll do worse" growled a deatheater from within the crowd. A murmur of agreement flooded through the crowd causing her to flinch. 

"Do it" the whimsical voice whispered. Davina only cried harder, flinching when an arm pushed her forward. 

"I-I don't- I can't" she sobbed. 

"Yes, you can" the angel whispered reassuringly. She looked at Luna and saw the girl's once pale blonde hair stained with the blood that had once circulated her body. She cringed at the attempted smile from Luna at her attempt to reassure the girl that she was alright. 

"I'm s-scared" she whispered. 

"You'll be fine" She smiled. Davina noticed that several of her teeth were missing and there were cuts that ran through her mouth and her eyes. her beautiful eyes were gone. Davina wasn't sure if it was something to do with magic or how she was alive but she knew that the gaping black holes that stared back at her were not the warm ones she once remembered. 

"I-I" she stuttered, trying to form words. 

"I'm scared" the younger girl whispered, making Davina hunch over in pain. She would have willingly sacrificed herself for this girl but she was the only one Harry Potter still had that was alive. She was too valuable. 

"I know" she tried to reassure her but it only made the gaping hole in her chest larger. 

"I-I don't want to die" the angel trembled. "I haven't h-had muggle i-ice-cream y-yet" she sniffled. 

"Do it now or I promise to make you watch as I rip the skin of her very body" a voice whispered. She heard someone from the crowd let out a moan while some of the others cackled at the idea. She was not going to let her angel suffer anymore, no more than she had already. 

"Avada Kedavra" she whispered, watching as the younger girl slumped over. Dead. 

"WAKE UP" AND with that, she awoke with a start. She tried to make a sense of her surroundings but could only feel arms trying to grasp her. 

"Let go of me!" she shrieked, moving away from the arms. The arms stopped and she tried to breathe but it seemed like her airways were closing in on her. Like she was trapped in the cell she was kept in all over again and every time she moved it grew smaller and smaller. 

"Hey darling, take a deep breath with me" a voice soothed. The smell was intoxicating and Davina found herself moving closer to the voice in order to be closer to the smell. It was addictive, like petrol. She took a deep breath and tried to settle her racing heart. 

"There we go" the voice reassured, carding its fingers through her hair. She flinched a bit at the touch and the hand quickly retracted before slowly returning and attempting again, this time succeeding in providing her comfort.