- 28 -

The year pulled to an end and people were preparing to leave Hogwarts, returning to their homes or the places they stayed when away from home

The year pulled to an end and people were preparing to leave Hogwarts, returning to their homes or the places they stayed when away from home. Davina had always hated this part of the year, leaving her home to stay with the Malfoys but she loved seeing families reunite with their loved ones. 

"I can't believe fifth year is over already" Maisie whined. "It went by so fast"

Blair hummed in agreement. Although she wasn't a fifth year she did feel that the year had gone relatively fast. 

"Oh, I'm gonna miss you Davie" Maisie sniffled, throwing herself at the black-haired girl. Davina let out a laugh in response, hugging the girl closer to her. 

"Don't be silly" Davina giggled, "I'll see you during the holidays and next year" 

"But still" Maisie fake sobbed, clinging onto the girl. "Say you'll miss me"

"Alright alright, I'll miss you too" Davina claimed, hugging the girl impossibly closer. Blair watched the pair and admired their relationship. She was more than glad that Davina was there and fully supported her sister. There had been multiple times when her sister had confided in her that she often felt left out of Lily's group. So Blair was over the moon when she found that her sister had made friends with the enigmatic woman, regardless of her mysterious past. 

"Come visit will you?" Davina suggested. She received eager nods from both girls before they hugged one last time and disappeared onto the train. Davina smiled till she could no longer see both girls flaming red her. Her smile quickly dropped as she walked away from the scene towards Regulus and his company. 

She stopped a couple of meters away before attempting to catch his eye. It wasn't hard, it appeared that the boy was already growing bored of the conversation and was quick to catch her eyes. She gestured at him to follow her and quickly moved away from the crowd, towards a secluded bit of the station, covered in bits of earth. 

"Quick alright" Regulus stated, glancing nervously to see if anyone was searching for him. 

"During the holidays, meet me at Hogshead. I'm gonna need your help with getting something."

"Is it-"

"Yes."

Regulus's face drained colour, turning into a quick pale colour. Davina could clearly tell that the boy was scared out of his wits. She didn't want to drag him into anything he didn't want to do but she needed someone else to accompany her, and she felt comfortable in the fact that it was Regulus. 

"Can we let Sev in now?" 

Davina shook her head. 

"There's no need for him now. We'll let him know when I he needs to know" 

Regulus nodded his head in confirmation. He was about to say more when he heard his voice being called out by one of his friends. He turned around briefly to figure out who it was and saw Lucius walking around trying to search for him. He glanced back only to find that Davina was no longer there and was walking back towards Hogsmeade. He chuckled lightly before joining the rest of his friends, the Horcrux at the back of his mind. 

Davina shook her head slightly. Her mind instantly flickered back to her 6th year and Dumbledore's death. She was lucky that Harry was the one summoned to get the necklace and not her because she was almost certain that she would've freaked out. That moment affected Harry more than it should've, after all, Harry was yet to realise the secrets Dumbledore kept from him and the game he was playing. 

"Davina" a voice called. She turned back to see Remus running at her with a overjoyed grin on his face. 

"Yes, Lupin?"

"Remus."

"Yes, Remus?" She sighed. 

"I just wanted to say bye" the boy muttered, turning pick at the end of his statement. Davina let out a small smile before glancing at the boy. 

"Yes, well bye then" She stated, turning around and walking away. She didn't get far before she was turned around by Remus again. 

"Can I give you a hug?" 

Davina let a small red blush touch her cheeks. The fact that he was asking her first really meant a lot to her and she was grateful that he did. 

"Alright."

Remus wrapped his arms around her before burring his face in her black locks. He let himself breathe in the comforting smell that came from her. He could smell the cigarettes and alcohol but if you payed close enough attention, there was a hint of camomile in there. 

Davina let out a sigh. It was like she was home and she knew sooner or later her Vampire urges were going to overthrow her rational mind, but she knew it was home. His hold reminded her of a time where they didn't have to stress over the end of the world, where it was just them. Reluctantly, she let go of the boy and took a step back. Remus tried his best to show that he wasn't disappointed, but a flicker ran through his eyes. 

"You've got a train to catch" Davina hummed. 

"And you've holiday drinking to do" Remus said snidely. Davina let out a snicker knowing that there was no real anger beneath his words. 

"Of course I have." She took one last look at the boy in front of her before turning around and walking off.

"Bye Davina" Remus yelled, watching her walk away. 

He never received a goodbye back.