- 48 -

THE 6TH YEAR was slowly coming towards an end

THE 6TH YEAR was slowly coming towards an end. To say it was more jam packed than her other would be a lie. Her 6th year with the golden trio was chaotic and filled with running around and chasing her cousin. Harry's conviction to her cousin had been borderline obsession and she had spend the whole time trying to help Harry but struggling to keep up. Then Dumbledore's death hit and Harry was devastated. Davina had been too but she remained strong so Harry had something to cling on to.

She knew herself that she wouldn't be returning for her seventh year and couldn't help but sigh at the repetition.

What didn't help was the guiltiness she felt for leading Remus on. She knew that the date would come along with unwanted emotions but she still went and didn't pay heed to the words that had cautioned her and continued to believe that she had a chance at happiness. Or something like that.

She shook her head and continued her way to the room of requirements where she'd meet Regulus and Severus for a meeting she had planned.

She walked in front of the wall a couple of times before entering when two magnificent doors appeared before her.

"Vina," Regulus greeted. Davina smiled before settling down on the floor, with her back against the couch.

Severus was sitting next to Regulus but appeared to be as nervous as he looked.

"I think we all know the reasoning for today's meeting...", Davina trailed.

Both boys immediately straightened, giving Davina their attention.

"Why now?"

Davina shrugged halfheartedly.

"Early birds get the worms."

It was a muggle phrase that Hermione used the mutter to them every time when she dragged them out of bed every morning. Of course Davina had whined the majority of the time but on those odd days she was thankful for Hermione's wake up calls.

"Shall we?"

Davina gestured to the couches and took her place across both boys.

"I need your help." She stated, glancing at them both. "Both of you."

They glanced at each other nervously. Regulus knew how fucked the future was and Severus got the main idea but to be here and doing something about it was confronting. Sure Regulus has done it before, but Davina had been there with him the whole time. Now, he was doing it all alone.

"I'll start with Reggie."

She cleared her throat before starting.

"Your mission is probably the easier one of the two." She stated. "You need to get into Bellatrix Lestrange's vault. In my time, we were able to break into Gringotts but it should be a lot easier regarding your blood and relation."

Regulus nodded, dazed. Davina snapped her fingers holding him back into reality.

"You'll be looking for Helga Hufflepuff's cup. The sick fuck put his soul in that and you need to safely obtain it and call me on this."

She thrusted a small flip phone at him.

"My number is the only one on there and there shall be no others." She demanded strictly. "This is for contacting me in emergencies or when you've obtained your said horcrux. Do you understand?"

Regulus nodded slightly. Davina remained firm.

"I need you to tell me you understand."

"I understand." He said in a straight voice. Davina admired him for that. The way she had thrust this upon them and they still stuck by her side to help.

She nodded before turning to Severus.

"Your's is slightly harder. You need to get into Lucius Malfoy's house."

Severus winced slightly. The relationship between the two was always rocky with Severus's half blood status. They were acquaintances at most. Severus had set foot in Malfoy Manner only twice before and both times were not good memories.

"In his manner is a diary. I don't know where but it's labeled to Tom Marcelo Riddle. You need to get that and call me."

She thrust the other phone at him and let it sink in.

"What's the connection? Between Riddle and Vol- You know who?"

"Tom and the dark lord will always be one and the same."

There was an eerie silence before Davina cleared her throat.

"I just want to say-"

"Don't," Regulus sniffed. "We're saving our futures too."

Davina smiled at them both before her smile slowly stopped. Both the boys didn't seem to notice, each too caught up in their own thoughts.

She was going to miss them. She was going to miss all of this. Hogwarts, the marauders, her father when he was happy.

She smiled softly, leaving the room quietly and making her way back to the common room.

"Vina!" A voice cheered.

"Hey guys." Davina said, plastering a smile on her face.

"Where were you?"

"Nowhere," she sung.

Remus looked at her suspiciously but dropped it when she flashed him a smile. That was Davina. She could reassure you with just a smile.

"What're you guys doing?" She questioned, peering over at the table in front of them. A monopoly board sat in front of them and she grinned in excitement.

The rest of the night was filled with fun and laughter. Sirius bought practically everything on the board - and then complained about being broke, asking if he could pay for the rest with galleons. James didn't purchase anything but ended up losing all his money to Sirius - which lead to a huge fight. Remus was calm and controlled and only bought what he needed to - he ended up losing first. And Davina, Davina had threatened anyone who bought Park Lane. Peter had attempted to buy it and Davina had full on hissed at him. Peter didn't play after that. Lily didn't want to play and instead chose to sit there and read a book, but even that didn't work out and she ended up playing along with Remus.

Moments like these caused Davina to forget why she was really there. She allowed herself to feel in the moment and be happy. To play without the weight of the world on her shoulder. She smiled as she watched the rest of them play.

Lily had somehow ended up sitting next to James, leaning on his shoulder and Remus was reprimanding with Sirius, who in turn was giving Peter a wet willy.

She smiled softly.

She was going to miss this.

Remus turned to look at her and he flashed a bright smile. Her cheeks flushed red before her eyes turned to glance at the fireplace.

She was going to miss him.