- 10 -

CHRISTMAS BREAK WAS steadily approaching and Davina decided it was best she stay at Hogwarts

CHRISTMAS BREAK WAS steadily approaching and Davina decided it was best she stay at Hogwarts. The common holiday was normally spent at Hogwarts with her friends, but they were all gone and Davina didn't have the heart to break tradition.

Despite all that, it was probably the best time to get on with Phase 3 of her plan.

Phase 3 was to obtain the Hoxcruxes she could

It wasn't hard per see. She could get the Ravenclaw diadem and store it in the compartment of her trunk she had cursed to withhold the dark magic. The only problem was, that was only one she could obtain without having to get Regulus and Severus aware and she was desperate to get a move on. The faster she got them, the faster it was completed.

Sometimes she'd wonder if it were best to put it off. She never really got to enjoy her life without the looming threat of War, so what if she took a break to understand and have some fun. As soon as the idea came about though, it was immediately shot down when the guilt ransacked her. How could she have fun and enjoy everything when people like Luna and Ron never got the chance to. It was unfair of her.

"You going home for Christmas?" Blair asked, folding bits of Maisie's hair into a braid. Davina shook her head no and continued to flip through the random muggle magazine she had found underneath her bed.

"We're going to France!" Maisie exclaimed, attempting to sound french but honestly not even getting close.

"You've told me, 20 times now?" she asked. It reminded her of the time Ron and his family went to Egypt and how the boy told everyone about it. There were similarities in her present and past friends and it hurt to recognise and remember them.

"ugh," Maisie groaned. "I'm too excited!" The girl had backed her trunk 3 weeks before Christmas and McGonagall had reprimanded her for doing such as thing because she wore the same clothes for the three weeks.

"Walk us down to the station?" Maisie asked when Blair finished doing up her hair. Davina nodded, getting up and helping her friends gather everything they needed for the train ride home. As they walked down to the station, they talked and giggled about the silliest things and gossiped about new news.

"You two have fun alright," Davina said, hugging both girls in farewell. The two nodded and Maisie kissed her cheek in goodbye.

"Let's go Blair" Maisie declared, yanking Blair by the hand. "I've got a hot French guy to marry!" She yelled, attracting the attention of a lot of passing people. Davina shook her head chuckling slightly.

"Well, well, well" A voice taunted from behind her. "Look who got left behind"

"I haven't been left behind Black" Davina muttered. It was weird referring to him as Black. "I live in Hogsmeade"

"Well lucky you, you have us for company" he claimed, swinging a hand over her shoulder. He smelt exactly as he did years into the future. Cinamon and smoke and despite him being so much younger, the smell still comforted her.

"Well you won't be seeing much of me" she smirked, walking with a confused Sirius following her.

"Why ever not?"

"I've got important business to attend to" she sighed, motioning for the boy to go away. "So get lost"

"Gosh, how rude" he humphed, twirling on his feet and walking away.

Davina made her way to the Hospital Wing in search of Madam Pomfrey. It wasn't technically her first time drinking from the hospital but the first time had definitely been the worst. Both of them had no clue how to work this thing, so Madam Pomfrey had given her a bag and had her attempt to drink from it. It turned out to be a lot messier than it looked and the healer found it incredibly disturbing to see one of the students sucking greedily on the bag of blood.

So the alternative was to put it in a cup. It was a coloured cup and if anyone saw it they wouldn't be able to see the substance inside. It was a lot easier to use and the healer didn't find it as disturbing as she did the first time.

"Hey Madam Pomfrey" the girl greeted.

"Ms Evergreen" The healer greeted. "It's in the fridge, just grab it and you should be all set"

The girl nodded her head in thanks and approached the fridge, opening it to pull out a cup. She could smell the liquid and her senses took over as she began to eagerly suck on the straw, cherishing the warmth that flooded her system when she took the substance.

"What are you doing here?" Remus questioned. The full moon had been a couple of days ago but it wasn't the easiest one he had which led to his prolonged stay in the hospital.

"Medicine" the girl stated, holding up the cup to emphasise. "You?"

"Rogue hippogriff"

"Ah, nice" she commented, sipping contently on the blood in her cup.

"Can you smell that?" he asked, sniffing in emphasis.

"What?"

"Blood" he whispered, looking her right in the eye. Her own narrowed analysing his every movement.

"Must be you," she said, her eyes never straying from his.

"Must be," he said, eyes narrowing. She dumped the cup in the fireplace, watching it burn to cinders and walked out the hospital wing before turning around to look at Remus again. A malicious grin spread on her face and Remus couldn't help the shudder that fell on him when he saw her feral smirk.

"In any case that it wasn't yours," she snickered, her mouth tilted in a smirk. "I hope you have the decency to keep it between us." She ran her tongue over her teeth, especially across the tips of canines in emphasis to what he probably knew.

"Only if you can repay the same decency" he drawled, an empty look on his face. Davina let out a laugh and walked out of the hospital wing, her words echoing in the hospital wing and his head.

"We'll see"