- 40 -

THERE WAS TENSION that morning

THERE WAS TENSION that morning. No one had a clue what had happened but it was obvious that something had happened in between the marauders. She turned to glance at the rest of the hall and noticed that Severus was not present.

She slowly approached the table and took a seat next to Maisie, who in turn was sitting next to Sirius.

"Did something happen?" She asked. She finally took notice to Sirius's red eyes that had obviously cried.

"Nope," Maisie cheered, shoving a piece of bacon onto Sirius plate. "We're all good here!"

Sirius continued to mope, sending love eyes towards James and the rest of the marauders. Davina also took notice to the fact that Remus was not there. She had assumed that he was but that had been Frank Longbottom.

Davina wanted to pester more but decided it was probably best. She could clearly see that something was going on and if Sirius wasn't going to tell her than she was pretty sure none of the others would.

"I hope you are alright Siri," she murmured before getting up and making her way out the hall.

"Evergreen!" a voice called. James steadily approached her with a concerned look on his face.

"You haven't seen Remus anywhere have you?" he questioned. Davina furrowed her eyes and shook her head in denial to show she had no clue where the boy went. She turned to leave but glanced back to see a sorrow look on James's face. What the fuck had happened?

She exited the hall and made her way to the seventh floor. She wanted to spend some more time in the ROR trying to figure out a way to get the other Horcruxes without hurting her friends too much.

Suddenly, she felt the warm brush of Hogwarts magic on her back. She followed the magic and to where it was pulling her and was confused to see the ROR open. Normally, you'd have to pace a couple times before the doors opened for you but she found that they were already awaiting her.

"What?" she murmured to herself before entering the room. It wasn't like her normal replica of Grimmauld place. No, this one was full of evergreen. She appeared to be in a cave, with vine falling from the roof and soft grass and flowers coating the bottom. In the middle of the cave was a small pond filled with clear water and a small figure sitting next to it, slowly brushing his fingers along the surface of the pond.

Davina slowly placed her book bag down gently before reapplying the spell, just in case. She took place next to the boy. He looked at her in surprise before quickly gathering his things in an attempt to leave.

Remus was pulled to an abrupt stop when he felt a hand on his wrist stopping him. He let himself be pulled till he was sitting somewhat close to her. They both sat there until silence enveloped the pair.

"This is nice," Davina hummed. The other boy stayed stiff and unrepliant. Davina noticed it but made no move to point it out.

"Something happened didn't it?"