- 24 -

MONTHS BLENDED IN with each other and the looming presence of their OWL's settled in

MONTHS BLENDED IN with each other and the looming presence of their OWL's settled in. Davina was up to her knees in study books and she found that she didn't have time to look into Severus or the Horcruxes. She had received a letter from Morton asking for a meeting but had to remind the man that Severus was studying hard and the revelation would overwhelm him.  

She glared at the Herbology essay that was sitting on her desk. Sighing, she shoved all her things into her bag and left the library. When she approached the great hall she nodded towards Regulus, who smiled back and took a seat next to Blair. 

"Hey, girly" Blair greeted, smiling at her. Davina just groaned, placing her head on the table. Blair let out a snort at the girl and piled some food on her plate. 

"Please kill me" James moaned, banging his head on the table as well. Davina let out a reply but her voice was muffled incredibly by the table that it became incomprehensible. Sirius let out a sound of agreement which caused some of the older students to let out a laugh. 

"Be glad you're not doing Divination" Peter complained, his pudgy hands wiping at his eyes. Davina let out a chuckle, a small but noticeable chuckle. 

"I need whatever Professor Trelawney is on" Maisie whined. Davina hummed in agreement, her eyes shutting slowly in a tire. 

"Woah, what's happening there," Blair said suddenly. The crowd of fifth years glanced at the staff table to see a slight tension. Dumbledore had his hand on Professor Trelawney's shoulder and the woman looked to be hyperventilating. 

"Do you think she's alright?" Lily asked anxiously. 

"Who cares" Sirius scowled. "The old hag has it out for me" 

"Sirius!" Lily reprimanded, "that's awful"

"What! It's not like I'm-"

Sirius was cut off by a dark and low voice. It echoed throughout the hall and immediately captured the attention of everyone. It was coming from the normal whimsical and light professor who had somehow changed into this foreshadowing person.

The saviour of our world
Has passed on his role
To the one he admires the most
The one that has seen it all 

But be warned chosen one
For at the feet of fate
Knowledge will be useful 
But cannot save the day

Trust and friendship will conquer
As they always do
So be warned chosen one
Our fate relies on you

The hall sat in silence. Dumbledore immediately summoned help for the now passed out Professor Trelawney. 

"Did she just- make a prophecy?" Remus asked after a moment of silence. The rest of the gang sat quietly, not really knowing what to take from it. 

Davina looked around, trying her best to make an assumption about what everyone else thought. She caught Regulus's eye and couldn't help but furrow her eyes at his exaggerated expression. 

"What" she mouthed at the boy only to receive a slap in the forehead and the tilt of his head, indicating her presence outside. 

"I've gotta go" Davina stated, ruffling Maisie on the head and leaving the great hall. 

She jumped slightly when she felt Regulus's hand on her shoulder but relaxed when she turned to find it was Regulus. She allowed him to drag her all the way to the room of requirements before pausing to look at him in confusion. 

"Tell me you heard it"

"Heard what?" 

"What Trelwaney was saying!"

"It was the mumbling of an old woman. What about it?"

Regulus groaned before slapping his head. 

"What was your friend called in your time. James's kid" 

"Harry? People called him the chosen one, dark lord slayer, the boy who lived, saviour of the wizarding world-" 

"There! Saviour of the Wizarding World. The professor said 'the saviour of our world' which clearly means the saviour of the wizarding world."

"No" Davina whimpered. 

"Has passed on his role to the one he loves and admires the most. From what you told me, that was you!"

"Reggie..." 

"It's a warning Vina! She's telling you that knowing the future won't help! You need to let people in, let people heal you."

Regulus placed Davina's hands in his and looked her deep in the eye. She could feel her breath quickening and her hands shaking. She fell to the floor and sobs overtook her body. 

"No" she screamed. Her sobs becoming heartbreaking and shaking the walls of the ROR. Regulus took her into his arms and slowly rocked her back and forth. 

"Harry was so broken." She cried. "I don't want it" 

"I know" Regulus cooed. 

"Please," she begged. 

"I'm here" he soothed. "And I'm not going anywhere, nowhere without you. I'll be by your side till the end of time"

Davina continued to sob until she felt as if there were no more tears there. Regulus continued to hold her, letting her tears ruin his uniform and offer her some comfort. After a moment of silence Regulus spoke. 

"She's right you know" Regulus stated, carding his fingers through her hair. 

"R-right about what?" Davina croaked

"You can't rely on everything that happened in the future, You've got to let people in" 

Davina was silent for a moment before it broke, like a dam of water being held by a bridge. She spilt everything to Regulus, the years of torment, the years of hardship, her years in captivity yet also her years of love, of friendship, of family. 

By the end of it, tears were running down the face of Regulus. The two wept together and Regulus gained a better understanding of what life was like for the poor girl. 

"I'm here now" Regulus soothed. "I'm here and I'm not going anywhere"

Davina sat there, silent tears running down her face. 

"That's what they all say"