- 11 -

CHRISTMAS WAS IN a couple of days and everyone was at Hogsmeade purchasing Christmas gifts for loved ones

Practically everyone in Gryffindor had gone to Hogsmeade apart from a few children. Based on the limited amount of pupils present Davina decided now was the best time to strike and obtain the Horcrux in her reach.

She decided to strike now. She grabbed the small compartment she had chosen to store the Horcrux and made her way to the ROR, or otherwise known as the room of requirements.

Strolling out of the common room she made her way to the ROR, trying her best not to look as nervous and she really was.

She had never destroyed any of the Horcruxes, that job fell onto the oldest of the quad. She had come in close contact with one of them but never destroyed one.

"Oi Evergreen where are you headed?" Sirius yelled, chasing after the girl. Davina froze for a second before quickly stuffing the box into her jacket pocket.

"Nowhere" she sang, spinning around the look at the three boys. Her eyes narrowed.

"Where's Pettigrew?" She asked, noticing that their quiet friend wasn't there.

"I knew we were missing something!" Sirius declared, slapping a palm to his forehead. Davina lightly sneered at the response before shaking her head.

She had always assumed that Peter hated the boys for their popularity but now she could sense it was something more than that. The boys had completely dismissed him and that must have hurt the boy a lot. She didn't forgive him for liking Harry's parents or blaming her father of course, but she could understand his torment.

"You guys are dicks" she hissed, turning to walk away

"And how is that so?" James asked, swinging his arm around Davina's shoulder.

"You ditched your friend, he's probably looking for you and when he realizes that you've left him alone..." she sneered, shaking his hand off. "Well, I doubt you'd understand."

The boys fell silent at that. They never truly meant to leave the boy out but it was easy to forget about him and move on. Peter was ridiculously quiet and it was hard to understand what the boy wanted.

"At least I don't call people foul names" Remus snarled. Davina turned to look at him in surprise. He had always been silent in their encounters yet he chose to speak out now. She assumed it was due to her vampire curse yet she made no comment on it.

"What Lupin, scared" she hissed, slightly shining her canines for only him to see.

"Of you, never" he snarled back. The two glared at each other while James and Sirius stared in confusion.