- 29 -

"YOU LYING COW!"

"YOU LYING COW!"

That was the first thing that woke Davina up that morning. She rubbed her eyes in confusion before realization dawned in her eyes.

"Morton" she greeted, rubbing the sleep of her face. The man fumed in response.

"You promised me!" He declared, pacing. "You told me I would get a visit"

"And you will"

"When?" He cried.

"Morton" Aberforth reprimanded, walking into the small room. He smiled slightly at the worn out girl before frowning.

"Didn't I tell ya not to go on disturbing 'er sleep" he said gruffly.

A small tinkle laugh flooded the room, clearing out the previous negative energy that was there.

"Oh Abbie, knock of the cheap accent" Davina laughed.

"Did ya have to pick it out" he whined, not making the effort the change it.

"Look, I'm sorry for the disrespectful intrusion, but I'm desperate here" he explained.

Davina could understand where the poor man was coming from. There was always the undeniable worry that the Black family would die out. Everyone had assumed that Sirius wouldn't care for the bloodline and they were right to say. Sirius had always told her that he upped their bloodline would die out and the curse of the Blacks would die with her. Davina didn't agree of course, she noted how the Black family was practically connected with every other family and didn't want the superior line to die out. So whenever her father brought it up she did nothing but nod at his words.

"Look I'm sorry Morton, I really am." Davina said in a soft tone. "But with the OWLs and everything I just-"

She cut off because she knew her reason. She didn't want to get the boy involved in this spiral of shit. She furrowed her brows, an idea springing to his head.

"I'll get Regulus to invite him over this holiday" she declared. Morton let his expression change a look of happiness flooded his face.

"Thank you so much" Morton cried, bounding to the girl and wrapping her in a hug. Davina let out a smile, allowing the man to hug her. When the man let go of her, he bounded of to help serve some more customers.

"How is that going to work out?" Aberforth asked, turning to glance at the girl.

"Reggie will get him an invite, and then we'll convince him"

"Sounds like a plan"

"That's if it works"

It was hard living with the looming pressure of the Horcruxes and the fear of being found out but she didn't know what she'd do if her plans didn't work. She had planned everything out and if something were to go wrong or someone were to spill anything, she'd be lost. She had come all this way to make a difference, to change things so that her friends didn't have to.

"Hey it'll be alright" Aberforth reassured. She attempted to smile at him, but anyone could tell that it wasn't genuine.

"Just don't know what I'd do if things didn't work out" She sighed.

"Stop doubting yourself" Aberforth reprimanded.

"I know" Davina sighed, "I just don't wanna end up being wrong."

"And you won't" Aberforth reassured. "Have some faith"