~ Chapter 1~

(Hey guys!!! Sooooo I know I took a HUGE break but I am 100% back to writing now, I had a lot to sort out mentally and I finally feel good enough to write again. So I've gone through the pre-existing chapters to refresh myself as well as edit any errors, so please let me know if you spot anymore! Thank you for the support so far, I have so much planned for this book!)

Raven

I was pushing myself to the limit and could feel the sweat pouring down my back in consequence. As I run faster, dribbling the ball between my feet, the large stadium lights momentarily blind me. The heat radiating off of them also doesn't help me in this situation.

"PASS TO ME SPARKS!" Lee calls from my left. Like hell I'm giving him the ball. This is my chance to prove myself to these assholes. If they want to underestimate me, I'll just have to show them why I was put on this team in the first place. I continue running, giving it my all as I race down the field. There is a defender coming up on my left and another on my right. They're so close I can practically feel their breath on my neck, hear their panting in my ear.

Just a little further, just a little further... I did it! I mean, of course I did it. This was exactly why they needed me. They needed me on this team, they just forgot it for a moment. Lee can suck my dick, I should have been captain!

I take a minute to breathe it all in, the mud covering my uniform, the throbbing pain in my legs and the smiles of my teammates who are quickly making their way towards me.

"What the fuck?" A shrill, obnoxious voice screams from behind me. I forgot he was there in all honesty, too busy basking in my own glory. I turn around, setting him a hard - but otherwise unbothered - glare at him.

"What do you want, Lee?" I ask, raising my brow ever so slightly.

"Why didn't you pass me the damn ball when I called for it? You were blocked on either side!" His face is red and sweat beads on his forehead, he looks like an angry little dog with an attitude problem, like those scruffy ones white families own.

"What's your problem? I got the goal, didn't I? I got us the win." I state, rubbing it in his face. Yes im immature, what about it? I've done this many, many times before and his reaction is always the same.

"It doesn't matter! You didn't follow team rules and you displayed a clear disrespect for your captain mid-game!" His fists ball at either side.

"Oh, is that what this is about? I didn't give you the attention you wanted?" I teased, leaning down a little as if cooing at a child. "It's ok buddy, the world doesn't revolve around you and not everyone has their head stuck up your ass." Patting him on the head, I stand back up to my full height.

He startles a bit, but quickly recovers. "You'd like that too much," he deadpans. Well, I didn't expect him to say something like that and it wipes the smirk off my face. Usually he'd just huff and walk away by this point and then force me into extra training.

He turns and begins to walk away, "don't think about it too hard at night!" He yells over his shoulder.

"If anyone is getting hard from that scenario, it'd be you Lee!" I shout back, though I don't think he heard me. Nevermind, that's definitely a middle finger aimed at me over his shoulder. I smirk to myself before turning back to the rest of the team.

"Aye congrats man, we would've lost if you hadn't made that!" Ash says, clapping me on the back. He's one of the midfielders we have on the team.

"Yeah man, you did great," Dane - our goalie - agrees, patting my shoulder.

"Thanks guys," I say casually, pushing my hand through my hair.

After my team had settled down, we all headed to the locker rooms, eager to wash off the stench of sweat, wet grass, and mud.

When I enter the bathroom, I immediately spot Lee putting on a fresh shirt. Asshole must've showered early, he better not have used all the hot water. As I walk past him I'm sure to smirk, he glares back at me with rage brewing behind his brown eyes.

Robyn

I feel a body brush past my shoulder and I look up to a deathly smirk, hoping to smite him with my stare. Turning away, I finish adjusting my shirt and shove the rest of my stained uniform into my bag.

"Ok guys!" I call out to my team and they all turn to look at me. It is normal for me to do a team speech before they head to the showers because most of them are too eager to head home afterward. "Today was a horrible match, we may have won but our technique was shit. We were just lucky that the other team was worse than shit." My voice is stern but that doesn't stop the snickers from a few of the players when I bring up the other team, they were known for their horrible play.

"Next training we really need to work on our passes, some of you tried to be a hero today and not kick the ball to your teammates," I steady a harsh glare at a certain green-eyed dickhead. "But that is not how a team is meant to play, if you want to participate in solo sports I'm sure the table tennis club is open for members," I spit sarcastically and watch as a wave of disbelief, humour and offence coat their faces. "We need to bring our 'A' game as a group, not as individuals."

"Yeah but like, isn't that against feminism?" Jakob (a defender) adds, raising his hand in the air. Marcus (another defender) hits him up the back of his head.

"Feminism is about rights for women dumbass, are you a woman?" Marcus asks with a raised brow.

"Hey don't look at me like that, I could be! It's 2021 I can identify however I want!" Jakob whines.

"He does have a point," Dane unwillingly agrees.

Marcus looks back to Jakob, "Well are you?"

"No! I ain't gay!" Jakob replies in a high-pitched voice, as if he was offended by the question.

"Oi asshole! Being trans doesn't just make you gay," Fern pipes up. Fern is a midfielder and is trans herself. She hasn't told anyone else other than the team because she claims that the female sports at this school are 'absolute dog shit' and she would rather play on a team 'that can actually kick a ball'. Overall, the team is pretty supportive, though they do accidently miss-gender her from time-to-time because she hasn't transitioned. She doesn't seem to mind though, considering we are the only ones that know anyway.

"Fern's right, and besides, you act like being gay is a bad thing. Did you forget that I have two dads?" Dane adds with an arched brow.

"YOU WERE BORN OUT OF A PENIS?" Jakob screams.

A mutual sigh goes around the group as we give up on the conversation and head to the lockers. Though I guess Jakob still wants an answer, because he hangs off Marcus asking him if a man would poop him or pee him out. Marcus just ignores him, practically dragging his ass to the showers.

I know that my teammates talk about this sort of thing all the time and we literally have a member of the LGBTQIA+ community on our team, but I can't help but flinch every time they use the word "gay.". I'm just worried that if I tell them I'm into men they will think of me differently, take me off the captaincy role because it makes me too "feminine". In fact, I've never actually told anyone about my sexuality for the fear that they would regard me differently. I honestly don't think I would be able to handle it if they did. The one time people found out was on my old soccer team after they caught a glimpse of my lock screen (which was a picture of shirtless Ryan Reynolds) they kicked me out, said they didn't want a faggot on their team. They were so repulsed and accused me of perving on them in the locker rooms.

When my brother asked me why I was kicked off the team, I just lied and said that I wanted to join the school team. He had been a part of the school team when he was in high school, so he didn't suspect anything. However I wasn't in senior school at the time, so I couldn't actually join till I was in year eleven.

Since then, I've never once put a picture of a shirtless DILF as my lock screen. Learn from your mistakes people.