~ Chapter 15 ~

I resist the urge to turn around as the staff member begins ushering people into the haunted house. The person behind me seems to have decided to stick around from the ride because I hear their footsteps inch closer to me as the both of us are led in with the next group.

Screaming and sounds of flesh being mauled is all I hear as I enter the house, it seems to be coming from a speaker on my upper right but how could I be certain? It's so dark I can't do anything but cautiously walk forward.

A hard body bumps into my back and I die a little on the inside as I reel in my scream. Calm down, it was just the guy who entered behind you.

"Sorry," The voice is gruff and has an edge of fear, still familiar.

I debate replying, what if they recognise my voice first? "I-it's okay," I breathe out so softly I'm pretty sure he can't hear me.

There's a pause and I'm sure he hadn't heard me, I choose not to worry about it too much and focus on making my way out of the haunted house. I'm suddenly in no mood to be going through a haunted house alone with this oddly familiar man.

Arms grab at me from the sides but I pay no attention to it, they're just scare actors after all. The screaming quietens down as I continue to feel my way forward, there's a dim light ahead and I know it's the exit.

"Do I? Do I know you?" The low voice asks and I can feel his breath against my neck. Why is he so close?!

"Hey! Back off, why are you standing so close to me!" I screech and pick up my pace towards the exit.

I hear footsteps loudly following behind me and my heart begins racing. Why is this the scariest thing to happen in this goddamn haunted house so far?!

"Lee?" A hand grips my bicep firmly from behind and I'm stopped in my tracks. My breathing is heavy and I screw my eyes shut, no this can't be happening. Not here, not now.

My feet are fused to the ground and my whole body is tense, the screaming is gone, the sounds of the other people experiencing the haunted house are gone, all noises except that of my racing heart are cleared from my head.

"Lee! It's you isn't it?" No, it's not him. You're insane Robyn, it can't be him. Why would he even be here in the first place?

Suddenly the motion is returned to my body in a flash and I rip my arm from his hold, my feet barely touch the ground as I sprint towards my only hope, the light, my exit.

"Seriously?" I hear his frustrated voice yell in disbelief.

His feet pound behind me and my only thought is getting out of there. The light gets closer and closer, and just as I step out into the open air the wind is knocked from my body as I'm thrown over someone's shoulder.

Before I can even register what's going on, he sets me down between two tents against a wall where no one can see us.

My breathing is heavy as I try to catch my breath, I think my heart is about to burst with the rate it's pounding.

"For fuck's sake, it is you." He breathes out in anger, he's grabbing at his hair and puffing loudly as sweat coats his forehead.

I turn away quickly, refusing to look him in the eye. I can't look at him, it would make everything that just happened real.

"Look at me Lee."

Nope. That's not going to happen.

His hand grips my jaw roughly and forcefully turns my face towards him, I screw my eyes shut. "Look. At. Me." His voice is demanding and as I think it over I really have no choice, the longer I deny it, the longer I'm stuck here with him.

So I opened my eyes, reluctantly.

I meet his darkened emerald eyes, disbelief and confusion brewing within them. 

"Hey there Sparky," I manage to let out shakily.

"'Hey there Sparky'? Really? Is that all you can fucking think to say?" He's pissed. Who was he mad at though? I really couldn't tell. Me? Himself? The situation? "Why are you here?"

I didn't know what to say, I couldn't tell him the truth! "I'm here for my frien-"

"Don't lie!" He cuts me off with a harsh yell. "We have the same friends! They would have put it in the groupchat."

I was angry now, who was he to call my bluff? Who says I don't have other friends? Why does he act like he knows so much about me? "That's not true! I'm here with my friend Scarlet!"

"The one who dated your brother?" He questions with a smirk, almost like he's enjoying seeing me flustered.

"She could be bisexual!" I spit out, and who knows, she might be?

"Could?" He chuckles, "If it's that uncertain then she wouldn't have brought you here yet."

Sparky the smart-ass, and his stupid fucking logic. "Why are you here?" I ask defiantly, hopefully pushing his focus away from me.

"I-" He looks as if I just ambushed him, regret flashes across his face. Regret for confronting me? I guess he didn't think too much about what I would think when I saw him. I only asked him hoping to change the subject, but now I really am curious. Why is he here?

"Well?" I inquire, leaning forward and gripping his shoulder as his hand falls from my jaw.

"Fuck it," the words are barely a breath from his mouth. "I'm pansexual, congrats you're the second person to find out!" He says sarcastically, a breathless chuckle falls from his lips.

I push him away, with more force than I anticipated as I fall against the wall behind me. As if his words had once again winded me. That was the absolute last thing I expected to come from his mouth.

"Disgusted?" He grins darkly as he steadies himself.

"No- What?" My gaze cuts to him, "I'm here aren't I?" I blow out a breath.

"You're-" Disbelief. It's disbelief I hear in his words before I cut him off.

"Yes, I'm gay." I laugh, and I really don't know why. "Means I one-up you," I'm suffocating on my hysterical laughter as I feel my legs give out.

Sparky shoots forward and catches me before my body can hit the muddy ground. His body is warm, firm.

"Seriously? You're making our sexualities a competition as well?" He's chuckling, and I know it's filled with the same complicated feelings that are swarming my own head.

"Robyn! Oh my god are you okay? I was looking for you everywhere!" Scar's voice is like an oasis and I'm quick to shove Sparky aside as I stubble towards her.

"Yeah I'm fine, Let's get out of here."

I walk away without a glance back.

Raven

He was here.

I wasn't just seeing things. He was here and he's...gay?

I don't know why I'm acting like this changes so much. Why would it? Just because we're both attracted to the same gender doesn't mean anything!

He still would have been disgusted if I really had stolen his first kiss, not because I'm a boy, but because it's me.

That's almost...worse? The thought he would be disgusted by me, not by my gender, definitely doesn't bother me. Not one bit. Because if it were to bother me, that would mean that I care about how he feels towards me, but I don't care about Robyn Lee.

The world around me slowly comes back into focus and I force all thoughts about Lee to the back of my mind as I focus about getting home. Mum and Dad are going to be pissed, but that's a future me problem. The future me in twenty minutes.

Today's been rough.

I am ashamed to admit that I forgot it was Wednesday.... Anyways here's the chapter a day late because I just realised 😭
.... I'll set a reminder from now on.