~ Chapter 3 ~

Raven

When I got home, I couldn't stop thinking about the look on Lee's face.

It.

Was.

Fucking.

Priceless.

I couldn't stop laughing when replaying the glare he gave me during his captain's speech. His dig was obviously directed at me and I loved it.

Usually it's hard to rile him up, but I guess I'm just that talented because I always manage to piss him off, even when I'm not exactly trying to.

"Raven Elliot Sparks! Get your ass down here for dinner!" My father yells from the kitchen, and I know that he has probably already called me down multiple times if he has moved on to using my full name. Ethnic parents, they always gotta to give you three names just for added effect when yelling at you. I don't even have a middle name! He just gives me a different one every time he is mad. My dad is Greek while my mother is South Asian, so when you mix the two together you get a hot as fuck kid.

You know, I got to keep my ego fed to the same size as my dick - huge. We've been over the fact that I'm immature already right?

"Coming!" I yell back. I don't bother walking down the stairs, I just sprint it. I don't want to get on my mum's bad side as well. One mad ethnic parent is scary enough, two is an even scarier combination.

"Where is your sister?" My mum asks from the stove.

"How am I supposed to know? I could name like four different houses she could be at," I answer sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

I feel a sharp pain at the back of my head, and I reflexively flinch forward. "What the fuck!" I turn around to see my mother glaring at me with a spoon in her hand.

"Don't you ever slut shame your sister - or any girl for that matter! You know, I was a stripper at your sister's age. Are you going to slut shame your mother?" She looks at me with a raised eyebrow and I knew I fucked up, I gulped hard. I feel another thwack to my shoulder, "and no cursing in my household!"

Her face is back to a bright smile as quickly as it left as she innocently walks back to the kitchen. Wait- DID MY MUM JUST CONFESS TO BEING A STRIPPER AT 18?! Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, get that image out of my head!

Suddenly, the door swings open and my sister walks through the door, "Delany! How are you, sweetheart? Did you get up to anything interesting today?" Mum asks her all hearts and flowers, when does she treat me like that? Short answer - never.

"Hey mum! Yeah, I used that gift card you gave me the other day to buy these new boots that I have been wanting for ages!" Delany exclaims excitedly, lifting her feet up to show us. Delany is apparently part of the "alt/grunge" aesthetic, so the boots in question look like something straight out of Monster High, and the black and red match her hair that has crimson highlights. When I asked her what my aesthetic would be she looked me dead in the eyes and said "asswipe-core", after pausing for a loud and obnoxious laugh she finally admitted that I have an "edgy" aesthetic. She says it is pretty similar to her aesthetic but less... accessorised.

She sits down and dad serves up dinner. It is homemade pastitsio, which is my favourite - it is like lasagna but with long tube pasta.

"So how did the semifinals go?" My Dad asks and I look up.

"It went well. We beat them by one because I scored a goal right before the buzzer went off," I gloat.

"Oh wow! Good job, honey!" Mum congratulates me and I smile at her. I have the most supportive family ever and I couldn't be happier about it... there is just one problem.

I don't know how to tell them I'm pansexual.

It is not like they would know what it means anyway, I would have to sit them down and explain it and they probably still won't understand. Either that or they throw me out of the house because it's against their beliefs and will ruin the name of the family. I really hope it's the first one.

Robyn

I'm sitting in bed listening to a true crime podcast about the Golden State Killer when Lyon walks in and sits at the end of my bed.

"Are you just not going to knock from now on?" I ask him in an unimpressed tone, taking out my earbuds and pausing the podcast.

"Nope."

"Ok, cool," I put my earbuds back in and press play. There is a couple minutes of silence with Lyon just sitting there when I finally look up at him and put my phone on my bedside table. "What do you want?"

"First off, rude. Second, I just wanted to talk to you." See, that sentence sounds perfectly fine, but the way he says it makes it sound ominous.

"What is it?" I sigh, this can't be good.

"Nothing! Nothing, I just wanted to let you know... " He draws out his words, "that if there was something you wanted to tell me, I am always here for you..."

I give him a blank stare and say, "You found my dildo, didn't you?"

He looks taken aback by my response, obviously not expecting me to be so blunt. "Uh- uhm . . . yeah," he rubs the back of his neck and I can see sweat on his brow.

"Anything else?" I ask.

"Well- um," he pauses. "No, I guess there isn't," he sighs defeatedly.

"Yes, I'm gay. If that is what you wanted to know," I answer, picking my phone back up.

"Wait, wait!" He holds my wrist to stop me from picking up my phone. Once I put it back down he seems to take a second to relax and breathe before continuing, "I just- why didn't you tell me?"

I shrugged, "Guess I didn't think it mattered whether I fucked a girl or a guy or someone else. It's not like you need to know about my sex life."

"It does matter!" He shouts, and for the first time I look at him with fear. I didn't expect him to be homophobic - but what if he was. Seeing the look on my face he seems to understand what I was thinking and his face pales. "No-no, not like that! I mean I don't care, I don't mind- but like I thought you would have wanted to tell me," he sighs. "You know- cause I'm your older brother?"

Relieved he isn't homophobic, I take a breath. In all honesty I am so nonchalant about it because I knew he was going to find out sooner or later and this was probably the best opportunity I would get. The other option would be him walking in on me bent over some dude. That would have been a lot worse- and possibly damaging to his mental health.

"Yeah I get that, I'm sorry. I should have told you sooner," I breathe out.

"No, it's fine, forget it. Do you want to order pizza?" He asks, his tone back to normal.

"For sure," I smile back at him.

He walks out of the room, but not before quickly popping his head back into my room, "and next time hide it somewhere better than behind the laxatives."

"Why were you looking at the laxatives in the first place?" I yell back at him.

Please leave comments! I love reading them I literally die you guys are so funny!

Also if you like true crime podcasts as well I recommend Morbid: true crime podcast on Spotify! They are literally amazing and I love them so much <3 Also if anyone else listens to them they may also catch on that Robyn is listening to their very first episode!

Please don't forget to vote!!!