~Introduction~

September 20th, 2037

Y/n's Pov

The only sounds echoing in the room were the soft snoring of my siblings and the clock quietly ticking. The sun shone through the latticed window on my right. I look over at the clock. It's already 6:47. I remove the snow-white sheets from myself and quietly walk over to the closet to grab my uniform. I get dressed as my siblings sleep. Gently opening the door, I try not to let it creak. I walk down to our mother's room. She typically gets up earlier to take care of the babies and start breakfast. I enter the room to find her holding our younger siblings, Theo and Monika. They arrived here about 6 months ago.

"Good morning, y/n. Do you mind helping with the smaller kids while I go start breakfast and wake up everyone?" Mom asks.

"Sure," I reply while walking to get the outfits for them.

She grabs the bell off of her desk and exits the room. I walk towards the cribs with the small, snow-white uniforms. I dress them as they giggle at me. As soon as I finish my task, Gillian comes into the room, cheerful and full of energy as always. 

"Morning y/n! Want to come to eat breakfast with us?" She asks with her signature cat-like smile.

I nod in response and she helps me carry the other children into the dining hall. When we arrive, we give the children to our mother as usual. Gillian drags me off to the table we usually sit at. Oliver, Paula, Zack, Sandy, Sonya, Pepe, and Nigel were already there.

"Good morning, Gillian, Y/n," Oliver says with a small smile.

"Good morning," We both respond.

We sit down next to them and talk about the usual stuff - Interests, the outside world, inside jokes, etc. 

"Oh no! I just remembered it's Sage's 12th birthday. I need to make them a card after we eat," Gillian says.

"Yeah. Aren't they getting adopted today too?" I ask.

"Yup. I'm gonna miss them, but I'm sure they'll write letters and send stuff!" Sandy said happily.

"I don't know... None of our other siblings have... Now that I think about it, it's a bit strange that they don't," I said, mumbling the last part.

"I'm sure they're just busy with their new families. We should be happy for them!" Oliver says.

Our conversation was interrupted by our mother ringing a bell, grabbing everyone's attention. 

"Good morning to you my darling children. Now, let us appreciate that all 39 of you can live happy lives under this roof. We are thankful." Mom says.

"Thank you for the food!" All of us say in unison. 

We all start eating our delicious breakfast, which had been prepared by our loving mother. After we had finished, we walked to the classroom to do our daily test. I sit in my seat in the back of the class. Mom turns the lights off as we put on our headphones and grab our pens.

"Age 8, Type 1. Answer each question within ten seconds. When you hear the tone, begin." The robotic voice says before the loud buzz, indicating the start of the test.

I do my best to answer each question quickly enough. I usually know the answers, but I'm a bit more tired today than usual.

After we finish our daily tests, we go outside for free time. There was a group of children playing with a ball behind us. One gets hit in the face and flies through the air but gets back up as if nothing had happened. We sit below the lone tree near the field. I sit on my knees with Oliver to my right and Gillian to my left, with Zack, Nigel, Paula, Sonya, Pepe, and Sandy in front of us. I have my sketchbook and am drawing one of my reoccurring nightmares.