~It's Finally Time~

3rd Pov - April 20th, 2041

It's been almost six months since Oliver got shipped out. Gillian and her sister got shipped out last month, after Paula, Zack, and Pepe. Y/n is still devastated by their shipments. Most of the other children have noticed and are concerned about their behavior. They spend most of their time in the library, using books as a form of escapism. They've given up hope on escaping the farm at this point. 

Meanwhile, Oliver has been learning more about the outside world and the farms from Lucas. Lucas has already become a father figure to him, and he cares deeply for him. They have been working on recruiting more kids to join their resistance. So far, they've gotten Paula, Zack, Pepe, and Gillian. Unfortunately for Gillian, her sister died upon arriving because she could not get away fast enough. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's Pov

I sit underneath our old tree, holding the group picture I took of us. Even though it's been months, I still find myself looking for those who have been shipped out. I occasionally hear their voices while I'm simply walking down the halls or doing my chores.

"Hey, you okay? You've been spacing out more than usual. I know you probably still miss them, but still..." Sandy says, concerned. I silently nod and continue to get lost in my thoughts. They continue their conversation as I sit there miserably.

~~~~~

I put the last few kids to sleep before going to Mom's room for our weekly information exchange. I help the smaller kids change out of their snow-white uniforms into their pajamas. They thank me as I quietly leave the room. I walk downstairs to our mother's room. When I arrive, she invites me to sit down and have tea with her. 

"Welcome back. How did everything go this week?" She asks, pouring the steaming liquid into the cup. 

"None of them know anything, as usual. Do you know when the next shipment date is?" I respond.

"Yes, I do. I've been informed that it will be much earlier than usual. It's set for tomorrow. They had a change of plans at headquarters and are deciding to ship higher-quality goods this time," She informs me.

"Who will it be this time?" I ask, thinking it was most likely Sandy, Sonya, or Nigel.

"I apologize for this, I had no control over it..." She says in advance.

"I know it's going to be one of the three. So, which one is it?" I ask, slightly wondering why she was apologizing.

"I'm very sorry, Y/n, but this time it's different,"

"What do you mean by "different"?" 

"You're being sent out to Grace Field tomorrow to be taught by Isabella," She says.

"So I'm finally leaving here huh?.." I say.

"Yes. I deeply apologize. It seems you won't be able to wish those who are left goodbye before their shipments. I'm sorry you had to leave sooner than expected," She says guiltily.

I get out of the chair and race out of the room, slamming the door behind me. I know it's not her fault, but it doesn't change the fact that I can no longer protect the few who are left. I run far into the forest until my legs give out. The tears start to fall from my eyes as I sit there trembling. 

After I calm myself down, I grab a sheet of paper and a pencil from my pockets. I start writing a note to my few friends who are left. I write down all of the information I have on the farms. I grab the notebook that I kept the information in, to check if I had missed anything. I decide to finally add what I know about William Minerva.

After I finish writing it, I run back to the house quickly. I sneak into Nigel and Sandy's room. I open Nigel's drawer, careful to not wake them. I grab his notebook of blueprints he keeps and place the note inside. I quietly leave the room and go back to my own. The bed feels much emptier without her in it. I don't sleep tonight, instead, I lay there thinking of possible ways to help them escape by tomorrow.

{A/n So I'm thinking about putting one-shots with different characters at the end of chapters. Let me know if you want them or not and what characters I should do. Hope you're enjoying the story, I'll try to make future chapters longer!}