~Tension~

{A/N ~ Sorry for not updating for so long, life's been busy. Anyways, part of this chapter is going to have routes for Zack, Oliver, and Paula, and a route for a polyamorous relationship. They will each be marked in bold and underlined. Keep in mind that no matter which route you go for in this chapter, there won't be any official relationship stated throughout the book up until the different endings because I won't be able to do this every chapter.}

9:48 pm, January 28th, 2046

"Okay, next thing..." Oliver trails off for a moment. "Zack and I still like each too. So that might make this a bit difficult trying to decide..."

"So...who do you choose out of us?" Zack asks.

{Oliver's Route}

"...If I have to choose, I like Oliver the most out of you three," I respond, trying carefully to choose the right wording. "It makes sense considering he's the first person I've ever liked."

Oliver's face slowly turns as red as his shirt. Avoiding eye contact, he starts fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.

"That makes sense with how long you've liked him..." Zack says, a bittersweet smile on his face.

I look over to Paula to apologize and try to make sure she's okay with this. She turns her back towards me and stands up shakily.

"...I'm gonna go for a walk. Please don't follow me.." She says, her quiet voice trembling as if she's about to cry. She walks outside, and we watch her leave through the window into the forest.

"Where did Paula go?" Sonya asks, not knowing the situation yet.

"She went for a walk," I reply. Sonya nods and follows her, watching the ground for her tracks. Zack gets up and goes outside as well, but walks in a different direction than the two girls.

"Why do I always fuck everything up?" I mutter, burying my face in my hands.

"You don't mess everything up, if anything it's the opposite. You've changed so many people's lives for the better. I'm sure they'll feel a bit better in a while," Oliver says, hugging me softly. "Even if it doesn't happen naturally, I'm sure someone in our group will find out and try to fix it."

I lean into his touch, tears welling up in my eyes from his kind words. He pulls my head into his chest and kisses me on the top of my head.

{Zack's Route}

"..I guess I choose Zack," I say.

"Wait, what?" Zack says, surprised about my choice.

"What is it?"

"I was expecting you to choose one of the other two. Especially considering you were already dating one and have liked the other since I can remember," He explains.

I look over to Paula to try to ask if she's okay with this. She just walks away over to Sonya and the two start talking. I try to check on Oliver, but he stops me before I can even speak.

"I'm fine. All that matters is that you two are happy," He says, giving us a small smile. "Also, Zack, if you ever hurt Y/n, I'm breaking every bone in your body."

"You can't even beat me in sparring most of the time," Zack laughs. Oliver gives him a small chuckle before going off to the grab his blanket and pillow to sleep.

Zack hesitantly intertwines his hand with mine. I peck him on the cheek, and he hides his face in the thick collar of his jacket.

{Paula's Route}