~We'll Meet Again~

Y/n's Pov - April 21st, 2041

I wake up to see children gathered on top of me. Sandy, Nigel, and Sonya standing behind them, trying to gently pry them off of me. Violet stood nearby, watching the chaos quietly.

"Y/n, are you okay? You don't usually wake up this late!"

"Yeah, You always the first one up!"

The children cry, concerned for me. I give them a small smile and pat them on the head.

"Don't worry. I just stayed up too late last night. I'm fine!" I tell them dismissively.

I uncover myself from the white sheets and put on my usual uniform. I look over to the calendar hanging up by our closet. My name was written in a red marker neatly on today's date.

'I forgot today I'm getting shipped out...Guess I should enjoy my last day with them..' I think as I finish getting ready for my final day at Grand Valley.

The children drag me into the dining hall with them to eat breakfast. I sat with Sonya, Nigel, and Sandy as I had for the past months. Violet had also been joining us recently and had considered us friends at this point. It felt very empty without the rest of them here. Nigel seems to be distracted and spacing out more than he usually would. He most likely saw the note, considering he was carrying the notebook I placed it in last night. After finishing breakfast together, we go down to the classroom to do our daily tests.

I get perfect scores as always, along with Sonya. She's most likely going to become a recommendation for a mother. If she doesn't get shipped to Bayon, that is. I'm hoping they'll all be alright on their own.

We go outside for free time and I play with the kids for the first half of the day. Every time I look over at them, all four of them are staring at me with an expression of worry and sadness. He must've shown them the letter I wrote. It seems like they believe it, at least, I'm hoping they do. I won't be around to protect or warn them any longer.

~~~~~

I go back over to them and start the conversation. It goes normal for the next few hours. We go inside for dinner and continue the seemingly normal conversation.

That is until Violet blurts out "We saw the letter. Why didn't you tell everyone sooner?"

"I couldn't. I made a deal with Mom to get that information I gave you. Use it to protect yourself, okay?" I say calmly.

"Why would you do that? She could've shipped you off and killed you!" Violet says, trying to hit me on the head. Unfortunately for her, I was about a foot taller than she was.

"If I didn't keep the deal, he would've shipped one of you instead. I'd rather die than that happen," 

"But in the note, you said we most likely wouldn't even die. Just get shipped out and hunted like a game. We could all survive that!" Nigel says.

"You would only live if you could go fast enough. When most people are thrown into things like that, they're too scared to instantly respond," I state. Before they could respond, Mom calls me to go get ready for my "adoption." 

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you any longer...Good luck," I say calmly, smiling.

I go into my bedroom to find my shipment uniform and suitcase laying across my white sheets. I put on my uniform, leaving the hat off because I didn't want to wear it. I decide not to put my stuff in the suitcase, but in the bag that I usually carried around. Quite a few of the pins Gillian had made for me decorated the bag. I put in the first aid kit, extra hairpins, bandanas, my notebook of information, Gillian's pins, and the camera Nigel had made for me. Lastly, I put on Oliver's old sweater. It's not surprising that it still fits me, as it was 4 sizes too big for him when we got it.