~Training For Rebellion~

The last thing I remember was sitting underneath the tree while overthinking. I wake up laying on top of a bed. I look around to find myself in one of the small houses. Someone must've carried me here after I fell asleep. I force myself to fully wake up and go meet up with the others. Uncovering myself from the thin sheets, I stretch as I pick myself up out of bed. I get dressed into an outfit that had been laid out for me, along with my red sweater. I picked the note up that had been laying on top of it.

Hey Y/n!

Paula found you outside and put you in bed. The girls & I picked out an outfit for you. Hope you like it! Meet us in the windmill once you're up and ready.

-Gillian :3

Before I leave, I place one of the revolvers along with extra ammo on my bag. I throw the bag over my shoulder and quickly walk over to the windmill. Inside, I hear soft murmurs of a conversation between a few people. I knock at the door in the same pattern I had heard the others do. Adam opens the door for me. So far, it seems like only Oliver, Zack, and Paula were there. The three were just chatting casually as if we weren't just nearly killed yesterday. I walk over to them, causing them to welcome me warmly.

"Hey, Y/n!"

"Hey, what are you up to?" I ask.

"Not much at the moment. Just waiting for everyone to gather here," Oliver responds. 

"Oh, right, the hunt only happens every 3-5 days, right?"

"Yeah, we usually use the rest of the time to train though," He responds.

Gillian and Nigel walk in. Shortly after, Sandy, Pepe, Sonya, and Violet follow.

"Looks like everyone's here. Let's go out into the forest for training," Oliver announces. We all follow him out to the same spot. I avoid eye contact with Oliver as much as I possibly could, still thinking of last night's encounter with him.

"Okay, first up we're gonna do target practice! Y/n, you should go first so we can see where you're at with this," He announces, stepping out of the way of the target. 

I take the revolver out of my bag and fill the chambers with bullets. I aim at the target and fire. The bullet is only about a centimeter from the bullseye of the target.

"Damn, nice shot," Zack says.

"Thanks," I respond.

"Well, I guess we don't need to practice shooting too much. Next up is physical abilities, such as running away from the monsters. I'd say it would be best to split up into teams and see who's fastest--"

"I have an idea! Why don't we play tag like we used to? It'll be more fun and it involves strategy. Plus, we can still split up into teams if you want," Gillian interrupts him. Most of the others murmur in agreement. Oliver takes a moment to consider her idea.

"Alright, we'll do that. Who wants to be the taggers?"

"I'd probably say we should have Y/n and Zack like that one time we played at the farm. It'll show how everyone improved," Sonya responds.

"I'm alright with that."
"Same here."

"Alright then. According to our notes, mostly Sonya's, the monsters give us approximately 1 minute to run or hide. To simulate the hunt correctly, we should stick to that," Oliver explains. Zack and I nod in agreement.

As the others race off into the forest, I watch their tracks closely and which direction they each tended to move towards. All of them split into different directions, most likely to lessen the chances off all being trapped at once by the demons. One by one, they all disappear from the field of my vision. Unlike the Grace Field children, I have no way to find them quickly, nor do I know just exactly how far the forest surrounding the hunting ground goes.