~Not Enough Time~

"Congratulations, Norman, Y/n. Your shipment dates have been set."

~~~~~

"Mama...What happened to Emma's leg?" Ray asks uneasily.

"It's completely broken. In fact, I was the one who broke it." She responds as all of us glare at her. She picks Emma up to carry her to the house. "Don't worry. I broke it very cleanly, so it'll heal perfectly and completely with time. But she has to stay in bed for a while. I'd say at least a month or two. I hope she'll heal before your birthday, Ray! Norman... Make sure to hand that bag over to me as well. Now, children. Let's all head back to the house!"

~~~~~

Norman and I sit by the bed in the infirmary.

"Don't worry. The only thing she took from us is the ropes. She still has no idea about our true plans yet. Your leg will heal soon, too. Our plans will succeed. Wait here. I'll go get you a glass of water." The albino boy says before walking out of the room. Before I get the chance to speak to her, a few of the younger children come rushing in.

"Emma!" "Did you hurt your leg?" They exclaim worriedly.

I walk out as well, going to check on the older children. I make my way to Norman at the sink. He's crouching on the ground, the cup in the sink overflowing with water. 

"Norman, are you okay? Don't lie to me this time, you can tell me how you feel.." I say to the disheveled boy. He stays silent for a while, apart from his heavy, shaky breathing. I step closer and get down to his level, resting my hand on his shoulder. He wraps his arms around me tightly, still trembling from terror.

"I want to live! I don't want us to die! With everyone...with Emma.." He whispers to me in an unsteady voice. His tears stream down his face onto my shoulder.

"I know, Norman..We can't give up yet. We have to make it out alive together, okay? I'm not letting anyone else die to the demons, especially not any of my family..All we need is an escape plan for now. I could distract Isabella while you three come up with something. I can sneak the rope back out here, so you can get over the wall and the cliff. You would have to hide in the forest until the rest of us could escape.." I suggest.

~~~~~

Norman and I walk down the halls together, him holding the glass of water for Emma.

"Emma--"

"We have to talk," Ray says, catching the albino boy off guard. "We won't let you die. Norman, Y/n...Tomorrow, we're going to have you escape alone. You'll escape tomorrow by noon."

"I'm sorry, but I c--"

"No." Emma and Ray say in unison, cutting him off.

"Listen here. To be more specific, we want you to pretend to escape tomorrow. We'll disable your trackers, and then you can pretend that you've left us. However, in reality, we'll have you two hiding within house grounds until Emma's leg heals." Ray explains.

"And on the day we all finally escape together, we'll have you come with us!" Emma adds.

"Until then, you'll be "gone" from the house, so you're free to leave and investigate whenever you'd like. Since you won't "exist", we won't have any issues meeting back up with you either."

"But...Even if it's all a lie, if they think we've successfully made our escape, the security around here will..." Norman says.

"No problem. Judging from the way this house works, along with what Y/n told me, I highly doubt they'll be able to change too much in terms of security," Ray says.