~Letters~

"We'll be taking our leave then," Oliver says as the group is dismissed. Lucas nods and leads Emma downstairs. Violet stays in the room to lead her back to the house she'll stay in.

As we all walk down to the town to go to our houses, Gillian suddenly gasps.

"What did you think to do this time?" I ask, knowing what the look in her eyes means.

"We should all have a sleepover! It could help us get to know her a bit better and we could spend time together before the rebellion!" She exclaims.

"Sure, sounds fun!" Sandy agrees.

"Yeah, we can play a bunch of games too," Nigel adds.

"And we can gossip about crushes," Pepe says, looking at me knowingly. In return, I give him a death glare.

"Fuck it, why not?" Zack says.

"Where should it be though? I don't think any of our houses are big enough for all of us.." Sonya asks.

"We could ask to do it in the windmill. It has thicker walls and floors, so as long as we aren't being super loud, we won't wake up Lucas." Gillian suggests. We all nod and head over to it.

As we're walking toward the windmill, we spot Emma and Violet walking toward one of the houses. I look closer to see the two holding hands as they walk. The others must have noticed the same because Gillian and Nigel have that look and the others are either giggling or concerned about what will happen next. Before I can stop them, Gillian and Nigel run towards them and drag them over to us.

"It's sleepover time! It's been decided already and you have no say in the matter!" Gillian and Nigel exclaim.

~~~~~
{A/N - From here on, it's mostly filler/fluff content for the chapter. I'll recap the plot that matter for the story at the end. Feel free to skip if you're not interested in any characters involved.}

Gillian drags the last few blankets into the room, flopping onto the pile of pillows we've made. I sit down between Oliver and Zack. The others enter the room, all dressed in the few outfits the demons have given us for sleeping.

"What should we do first?" Sonya asks.

"We could just chill and do our own separate things---" Violet gets cut off by Emma entering and chucking a pillow at her face.

"Guess it's settled then!" Gillian says before grabbing a pillow and getting Emma back. I sneak out of the room as the chaos between them ensues.

I grab a book off of the shelf and head to the upper floor, stepping lightly to not alert anyone with the creaking floorboards. I sit down at the table, lighting a small lantern for light to read.

"Didn't feel like joining the pillow fight?" Zack asks, making me jump up in surprise.

"Yeah, did you not either or did you just come up to see me?"

"What are you reading?" He asks, quickly changing the subject.

"A horror novel, why didn't you answer the question though?"

He almost answers but cuts himself off. Hesitantly, he goes back down the stairs without a word.

'I don't know what that was, but I'm sure I'll get a chance to bother him about it later..'

Putting the bookmark on the page, I close the book and leave it on the table, following him downstairs. As I try to walk into the door, Nigel tries to run away and ends up on top of me.

"I'm so sorry!! Gillian's chasing me down with a pillow because I told her---" He cuts himself off when the camera pointed at us flashes. Nigel quickly gets off of me and begins chasing the culprit. Paula glares at him, jealousy burning in her green eyes.