Chapter 17

" Call Mingi for a meeting"

"But sir, why so sudden." the assistant said. "Your schedule is already full"

"I have something to discuss with him" Songil got up from his desk. "And tell the boys to get the shovels ready. Someone will soon give my wife some company!"
Jeongsu looked at him addled.

"You're going to kill him. That's your goddam son, Songil!" Seongil looked him dead in the eye and smiled.

" You dropped the honorifics so fast" he chuckled.

"Don't change the subject. Are you really going to kill your fucking son" he yelled the last part.

" Jeongsu, calm down"

"How can I-"

"Shh" Songil put his finger over his own mouth. "Hear my side of the story first, then judge"

"Tell me Jeongsu, who am I"
He looked at Jeongsu.

"Huh?" he looked confused. "Isn't this too cheesy!"

"Just do it!"

Jeongsu sighs. "You're Song Songil the most feared mafia boss" you could see Jeongsu roll his eyes saying this. "Why is this even important at this moment?"

" I'll tell you why." he glared at Jeongsu.

" I've archived this position, by the people I had beside me, like you Jeongsu."
"But-" Jeongsu stopped and looked at the narrow hallway filled with paintings, where Songil was pointing .

" But not everyone that surrounds me is trustworthy. They're all waiting for the chance to come out of my shadow and stab me in the back."

"What does that have to do with Mingi?"

Songil turned to face Jeongsu's figure tapping his foot.
" He, my dearest friend , has made an alliance with my biggest nemesis "
Jeongsu stayed silent.

"So morally this is the best thing I can do to him. And believe me-" he placed both of his hands on his heart. " - as a father, killing my child would be so hard but his actions are making me do this, didn't he?"
"So the real villain is not me, Jeongsu. You see I'm just protecting my back and all of your lives, because who knows what can happen If he continues getting loose like that!"
Songil smirked with malicious eyes.

" You know Jeongsu"

"Hm" Jeongsu hummed

"Sometimes you being the traitor comes through my mind. 'What if he was betraying me?' that's a question that lives rent free on my head. But then I get reminded how you look and laugh." he chuckled. " On your case though, I'd grief your death a little. So let's hope that never happens"

Disgusting
______________________

"Happy New Years!" Fei said hugging me.

"Happy New Years to you too Fei" i said, squished by Fei's hug

" What would you like to drink?" she pulled away, and sat down on her chair.

" Hot chocolate please" I say taking off my coat.

"So how did it go with your date!" Fei asked excited.