Chapter 21

"Y/n, I'm sorry. I thought this was the best way for you to blow off some steam"
His eyes stared at her, only for them to get ignored by hers. She hadn't muttered a word to him; sniffing was the only thing coming from her. Y/n's head was tilted to the ground, hugging her legs tight and watching her teardrops fall on her thighs. She couldn't bare looking at his face nor talking to him. Holding back tears was already hard for her, so speaking was yet off limits.

"I got a cake and other goodies, see?" He tried to change the topic. Maybe she'd decide to look at him...and she did. But was it worth it?
His heart dropped at the sight of her puffy eyes. Her piercing gaze wouldn't leave his eyes now.
"You really screwed up this time" she whispered. Her voice was trembling, and that knot that was created on her throat was hurting more as she spoke.
"I-" he couldn't finish. Mingi didn't know how to respond , he didn't plan this part out. What now?
'Should I take her back to the dorm, now? Fuck man! I thought I could be her hero for once' he desperately thought to himself.

" I'm so sorry Y/n. I didn't think it through enough and acted on impulse. I'm an idiot!" He looked at her, waiting patiently so she could change her position and finally look at him.

As they both waited patiently without a word being said, the figure of Y/n in front of him started wiping her tears away. As she stopped, Y/n's eyes met his' again only for a split second, before she shifted them someplace else.
She finally focused on the beautiful summer scenery in front of them, and a big sigh left her swollen lips. A sigh that came from the inside, filled with pain that needed to let go.

Suddenly, Y/n plopped backwards on the ground, a little wave of panic ran through Mingi body. However, when he checked she was okay, his body relived its tensed muscles.
" Sigh The moon has already appeared." Those words came out so calmly from her, changing the whole mood around them.
She had already stopped crying and wasn't yelling at him nor running away, which was unexplainable. It made him feel a little lighter.

He couldn't take his eyes off of her. How could it be that someone that beautiful was laying in front of him, and he had made her cry just now.
"I wish I could stop time sometimes, and just stare at the moon forever." she suddenly adds, calmly speaking

"You're not mad at me anym-" just as he was about to end his question, Y/n quickly snapped her head at him.
"I still am" she said with a poker face. "What you did will be carved into my memory forever, so don't you think you got away with it just because I spoke first"
His face dropped. Just as he thought that everything was okay, it ended up otherwise; but why is she smiling at him now?

"Did you really get that upset with what I said?" she chuckled.
Hm, maybe she had forgave him a little.
" It's not worth holding grudges like this anymore ." Mingi raised his head from the ground, locking eyes with her, confused.
"What are you talking about?"

Y/n dropped on the ground again. She wouldn't dare looking at him now, only at the silvery moon that was getting more vibrant as the sun's light softened.
" I haven't felt that great lately, you know. I could feel my anxiety grow everyday since Minho wasn't being called in by Jihoon."
This whole time her mind was having its own war. At first, studying was helping her get distracted, then exams happened, and that stress tripled.
"I can't hold grudges with you, when I'm not sure if you'll be by my side tomorrow."
Those words! They weren't lies. What Mingi heard from her was the truth but his heart, his soul couldn't admit it. He felt his stomach drop at the mention of death. He knew it was dangerous, but why did that trigger him? Death wasn't something foreign to him, but it hit different coming from her.

"Jesus, Y/n don't say that." was heard coming from Mingi. His eyes held so much emotions looking at her.
"Don't look at me like that." Her nervous laugh followed. Mingi never thought much about death not even when Jihoon told him about his father's plans about him. This was getting too real, now.