Chapter 18

His gut feeling didn't leave his side, no matter how hard he tried to lie to himself. The whole ride felt odd, especially when Songil wouldn't say where they were going. Every doubt about this "walk" was hunting him, until a notification sound stopped it.
To his surprise, it was his dear Y/n. What a perfect timing!
But the text worsened the feeling!
"Please be safe!"

"Huh? So something is going to happen!" he thought to himself

The ride was quiet and Songil never dared to say a thing, although this was supposed to be a father-son moment. Mingi couldn't take his eyes off the window, he felt somewhat anxious looking his father's way. He was in deep thoughts about what would happen next.
"It's better not looking. What if he's holding a gun and is waiting for me to turn so I'm looking when he kills me? If you don't look then it's never there."
Different thoughts came through Mingi's mind, showing how in his "father" 's presence he wasn't like always, tough nor brave, rather his thoughts showed an inner kid. A kid whose whole life was devoted on making his father proud. But not just any kind of father oh no no no, he was much more than that. He was the kind of father who you'd see since an young age, people kissing his feet. The kind of father that expects perfection and obedience. But on top of these, there was one thing that did make him unique from a whole lot of people, and that was, he'd do anything in his power to remove any obstacles that would come in his way even if they were his flesh and blood. What do you think happened to Mingi's mom, yeah that's right he would do that even to his life partner. But that's a story for another time.

To take his attention away from his thoughts, Mingi started paying attention on the road that the car was taking , and to his surprise Mingi knew where they were heading. After some time, that familiar hill came to view. It was so obvious what Songil was trying to do.  Disgusting!

The car stopped.

"We're here!" came from Songil. "I thought this would be a great place to talk in peace and have a family reunion"

Family reunion?

" Right! " Mingi answered.

As they were leaving the car and heading towards the top of hill, Mingi heard two doors opening and shutting behind him. But he still didn't turn his head only forward he went.

As they were moving forward, the horizon was getting more visible and the top of one particular grave stone was showing. They were here!

"Its been so long since last time I've come here!" Songil smiled softly. He was gazing at that grave so warmly, you would never think he did that to her.

"It's ironic how you look at her so lovingly, when this is your doing." Mingi pointed it out, just to get a laughter out of Songil.

"Well technically Han Jihoon killed her, he was the one that everyone suspects, except for you that was there of course" He went closer to the grave stone and put his hand on top of it.
" Well It was your mother's fault for being all friendly with Jihoon's wife to begin with. Just with one sip of fucking wine and she was all over the place. This woman, ts ts" He shook his head.

" How petty! Killing your own wife just for telling on you." Mingi scoffed. "What are you a fucking kid?"

" Oh no no, I didn't do it because she told Jihoon's wife ." He chuckled " You've got it all wrong. After I caught her ratting out on me, I handled it myself. But if it wasn't for that little girl, nothing like this would have ever happened"

Songil suddenly got angry. You could feel his anger through his now darkened gaze but not only. As the seconds passed and as he got flashbacks of that night, his grip on the gravestone grew tighter. But Songil was quick to catch himself from his madness and came back to reality.