005. Kegger?

INSIDE THE motel room, the police officers were taking the money for themselves. "What the... Do you believe..." JJ whispers over to John B, glancing over at Pope and Kie. JJ reached into his pocket but at that moment, Josie almost fell off so instead of grabbing the gun before it slipped out of his pocket, JJ put his arms around Josie who grabs his shoulder.

The two tensed up at the sound of the gun falling however as John B looked at them. Shoupe approached the window, bringing up the curtains as Josie and JJ looked over at John B who raised his index finger to his lips, signalling to them to stay quiet. "Alright, let's go. Nobody's here." Shoupe says to Plumb.

"Well, that was fun," JJ smiled. "Could have warned us sooner though..." Josie sighed, adjusting her hair. "We would have, except Pope was on the math team." Kie tells them and Josie furrows her brows together.

"You were on the math team?" John B asked curiously. "The cops took everything like it was a crime scene. Did you guys find anything?" Pope asked them, ignoring the question as JJ sat up, "did we find anything? No, I don't think so. Oh, yeah, we did." JJ said, raising some of that cash from the safe and the gun.

"What the hell?" Pope exclaimed as Josie looked at JJ with a shocked look. "Dude, what?" Kie scooted a bit to the side. "I told you to put it back, JJ!" Josie says as JJ got up. "Dude, chill. Come on." He walked over to Pope.

"Why would you take that from a crime scene?" Pope asked as Kie looked at John B who had a smile on his face. "It's better than the cops having it, bro." JJ defends himself as Kie asked John B, "Are you serious? And Josie, you said you'd keep them from doing dumb shit--" "I tried! But JJ never listens!" Josie exclaimed, gesturing towards the blond boy.

"I'm gonna lose my merit scholarship." Pope says as JJ looks at him. "Hey, hey, hey, shh, shh," he repeatedly shushed Pope as he brought the gun to the boy's mouth gently. "At least you have us, right?" He then asked Pope.

"I'm living the nightmare."

The group of teens were once again at the Coast guard, watching as multiple EMTs put a body onto a gurney. "Who's that?" John B asked the girl sitting next to him. "It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm. Check out this pic I got." The blonde girl held out her phone, Josie leaning back since she was standing in front of John B who was sitting down.

"Dead body." She says as Josie immediately looked away, leaning forward. JJ and Kie take a look at the photo on the girl's phone as well. "Insane." She said to them. "Holy shit." John B says as she shows it to Pope next. "What kind of boat did he have?" Josie looked at her, furrowing her brows together slightly.

"Somehow, that dirtbag copped a brand-new Grady-White. Everyone's out looking for it." She said and Josie glanced at John B sitting on the counter behind her, his knees up as he looked back at her with the same look.

At the Chateau, Josie was sitting side by side with Kie, fidgeting with her phone when Pope walks up to the front door. "Okay." He says, opening the door, "so, um... we didn't see anything. We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia." He said, sitting down next to Josie and Kie.

"Actually, Pope's right for once. See, I agree with you sometimes." JJ said, causing them to all look at him as he stood up. "Deny, deny, deny." He said. "Guys, we can't keep that money." Kie says and JJ sighed. "Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." He said as he looked over at the girls.

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise, it's bad karma." Josie tells them and Pope looks at her. "Bad kaa to be implicated in a felony, too." He says, looking at John B. "We gotta go dark." He looks at JJ next. "If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree." JJ says, walking over to the door where he stood there, staring out when suddenly, John B put his hand to the blond's shoulder.

"I don't agree." He walked away. "What? Why?" JJ asked him right away. "Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about. Right? Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole. Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot, because he needed gas. We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden, he's got a Grady-White? Just sayin'." He said to the others, raising his hands.

As JJ and Pope now fish on the dock, Pope casting away his fishline. "Alright, so think about it, Pope. How does a marina rat get a Grady-White?" The question merely made the boy inhale sharply. "Prostitution." He said as Josie's face scrunched up.

"Square groupers, bro. Okay, flying under the radar, no aerial surveillance. They don't do that stuff during a hurricane. What does that mean?" He then asked them before looking to JJ, "JJ?" He says. "They were straight smugglin'." The blond responded back.

"Smugglin'. And I guarantee there's a serious amount of contraband in that wreck." John B said, pointing at Kie sitting on the rail with Josie beside her, her arms crossed. "Hell yeah." Just then, JJ began reeling in his fishing line. "Fish on!" He exclaimed.

"For the record, if that is a smuggling ship with illegal controband on the inside of it..." Pope tells them, snatching tha cash from JJ's hand as they were now in John B's room, he was sitting on the bed as John B sat by the window, Kie sat at a chair at the desk while Josie sat on a chair at the foot of the bed with JJ on the other windowsill. "It probably belongs to someone else." Pope continued explaining.

"Minor details." Kie simply says. "They could come looking for it. Taking it would be catastrophically stupid." He says and JJ grabs the money back from him. "Right. Well, stupid things have good outcomes all the time." He said as he shows off the cash to Pope.

"All we need to do is figure out a way to get into the cargo hold of that wreck. Until then, we just lay low. Just act normal." JJ said, leaning back into the window. "Right. And how exactly do we do that?" Pope asked them.

"Kegger?"

AUTHORS NOTE
pls can't wait for nova and sarah to show up to the kegger, they besties fr