014. Cemetery.

WHILE THEY'RE putting spackling paste to the wall to fill the holes as Josie is holding the container and Kie is holding the scraper and spreading the paste on the wall. "Hey Kie..." She said suddenly and Kiara glanced at her, smiling faintly. "Yeah?" She asked.

"Um... don't tell the boys." She says as she glanced up, then looked away. "I wanna tell them when I'm ready... or when I want them to know." She says and Kie just nodded. "Yeah, of course... I'd never take that from you. I promise." She said and suddenly took Josie's hand, squeezing her own fingers around the girl's before pulling her hand back.

She appreciates Kiara so much.

When Pope shows up, Josie was busy, wiping down a couple of the tables and Kiara was now spackling the wall behind the front counter. "Josie," Anna approached the girl who looks up, smiling softly. "We appreciate your help so much, but you know, since you're not an official worker, you... aren't gonna get paid, you do know that, right?" She asked but Josie's eyes are busy focused on Kie and Pope.

"Hmm? Yeah, no, that's no problem with me. I... really don't mind. Kie is always there for me, helping me out, so... I don't mind working here for nothing in return, like at all." She says, smiling at Kiara's mother before her.

"That's... that's really sweet of you, Josie..."

After Pope leaves, John B comes in next as Josie now cleans another table, sighing. She looked up at John B who now follows Kiara towards the open door to the patio where John B stops Kie, holding her arms.

She watched as John B spoke and Kiara listened, before she suddenly cut him off to shut him up. She stepped forward, kissing his cheek and Josie's eyes linger on them, before looking away. Kie walks over, tapping the table Josie was at with her knuckle, "come on... let's go help these losers." She says.

For Kie? Anything.

"M-My mom told me to get home early..."

She followed them anyway, to the van where they were now on their way to God knows where as Josie sat side by side with JJ and Pope across them with Kiara and John B in the front seats. "You mind if I just relax on this one? It's been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff's gone down. I'm just gonna lay low." JJ said and looked at Josie. "Josie, do you want a hit of this?" He held out the joint to her.

"Sure... why not, I've had a shitty day." She takes it from his fingers and he smiled widely. "Wow! Look at that, Josie's coming out of her motherly shell that she's always in. Fun Josie!" He said excitedly as he claps his hands.

"Look, I-I know I was wrong about the lighthouse, alright?" John B spoke up suddenly as Josie looks up, softly coughing and trying to be quiet. He turns back around to look at the road, "and pretty much wrong about everything else going on. But I-I was right about one thing. Okay? My dad is trying to tell me something." John B said, sounding sure of it.

They arrive to the cemetery and began coming out of the van, approaching through the gates, holding flashlights and walking past the many tombstones and graves. "Okay, hey, come on." John B says, leading the group.

"I'm coming. This place is scary." Kie said, her hand holding onto Josie's because the brunette had been scared since the weed kicked in. "John B, what are we doing?" She then asked. "Shh, okay, so you know how you're trying to remember a song and can't remember who sings it?" The boy asked them.

"Yeah." Josie and Kiara say at the same time, glancing at one another and smiling. "So, Redfield. This whole time, I thought it was a place, right?" John B said, glancing back at them as he continues to lead the way.

"But it's not a place." They arrive to a mausoleum crypt, Redfield written on the top that John B flashes his lantern at. "It's a person." He revealed and Josie raised her brows. "Voi-effing-là." JJ says making Josie giggle softly. "See, my great-great-grandmother Olivia Redfield." John B turns back to them, "that was her maiden name." He explained, glancing up at the last name.

"Help me with the door, come on," John B says, walking over to the crypt entrance. "Alright." Pope walks over to him. "Go," Kie says, keeping her hand tightly holding onto Josie's. "One, two, three..." They start pushing. "Are you pushing?" Pope asked. "Yeah," the other responsed as JJ walks over to help them out.

"Here, I got it." He said and they tried pushing it all together. "This door is like 700 pounds. It's not gonna budge." Pope tells them. "We didn't come this far to get this far, alright?" JJ said and then a snake pops out making Josie clutch to her side. "Ah! Woah!" Pope exclaimed as they all back away. "A snake!" JJ shouts.

"Woah, woah, woah. That's a moccasin, alright." JJ said as the three boys backed away. "Ye olde Dr. Cottonmouth. Death in tall grass." JJ said before he began barking loudly. "JJ, shut up. Shut up!" Kie shouted at him.

"You're gonna wake the dead, man."

"Dude, they're afraid of dogs. Everyone knows that, man." JJ quickly told Pope, glancing at him. "Wait, wait, hold on, hold on." He then says, quickly stopping John B who was gonna get back to pushing the door open. "What?" John B says, looking over at the blond.

"If there's one, there's probably dozens. Like, all around." JJ said and Josie frowns, looking down. "Oh, my God, can you stop? You're scaring Josie and I." Kiara said, noticing that Josie was clutching her arm and standing closer to her. JJ starts barking again and Josie huffs. "Stop barking at the snakes." She told the boy. "Look, John--" "Just making sure it's clear." JJ told them. "Shut up. Shut up." Pope says to JJ before looking back at John B.

"John, look. We're not gonna get in there, alright? It's not budging. We should probably just go." Pope says and it's quiet for a moment when Kiara suddenly spoke up, "I can get through." She said, pointing the flashlight at the hole in the door. "What?" John B says.

"No, no, no, there's snakes, Kie!" Josie tugs on her arm gently. "You think you're gonna fit through the hole? That hole?" John B says, gesturing to the entrance. "Look, this is about your dad. And honestly, I don't really believe in it, but you deserve to know the truth. I'll do it." She said and glanced at Josie, pulling her arm away. "Come on." Kie says.

They go to push the branches out of the way as Josie stood still where she was, "I got it." John B says as Josie crossed her arms. "Give her a boost." Pope says and Josie goes to Kie, "be careful." She tells her as JJ crouched down, putting his hands together.

"Ready?" JJ asked and Kie just nods to Josie, sending her a small smile. "I'll be fine." She says, reassuringly before looking at John B and Pope. "Remind me what we're looking for." She says and John B doesn't even look at her, keeping hold of the branches.

"You'll know when you see it."

AUTHORS NOTE
late update but i updated anyway