017. Internet.

THEY ARRIVE to the hotel on Figure Eight, "alright, keep a look out." JJ says as the brakes squeak to a complete stop. "We're behind enemy lines." He said as he took out the gun. "Yo, come on, man. Just put it back." John B says and JJ looks at him. "You can never be too careful." He says as Josie hops out, looking all around as Pope follows behind her, going up to the passenger side where he leans against the open window. "Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon to a four-star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve." Pope says.

"Thank you, Pope." John B says as Kie appears between him and JJ. "I swear to God, I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean, JJ." She says and Josie looks at him. "J, please put it back?" He says and JJ glanced at her but to make it seem like he isn't gonna listen to her just because she told him, he doesn't do as told.

John B just grabs the gun, putting it away. "There you go." Pope says as JJ looks at their driver. "You can't grab a gun like that." He says and digs through his things as Pope reached to open the door for him. "Can't forget my badge." He said as Kie closed the back door and JJ hops out. "Professional busboy." He said, raising it as Josie chuckles, following him.

"So, where are we going now?"

"We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now. This way!" JJ leads the way and Josie just scrunched up her face. "We could've went to my-- nevermind, I don't want you guys meeting my parents." She says as they head in through the kitchen side door where JJ greets multiple people. "See, they got the backup generators going? Kooks don't miss a beat. Including our girl, Josie." JJ tells them and Josie scoffs.

They pass by the host stand of the restaurant where people were waiting. "Dad," she said, surprised to see her dad sitting with Ward Cameron. "Oh, honey, hi." Fred stood up as the others stood idly by, waiting for her. "What are you doing here?" He asked as he pulled Josie into a hug and she pulls back. "Uh... nothing bad?" She stammered.

Ward glanced between his friend and Josie before glancing over at the boys with Kie, standing up. "Well, it seems like you're hanging out with your friends, we won't disturb your time with them any longer, isn't that right, Freddie?" Ward glanced at Fred who just glanced at him and nodded. "Uh, just be safe, honey. Your mom's been really worried lately..." He tells his daughter, squeezing her arm.

"Yeah... um, come on, let's go, guys." She waved to his friends before they start walking away. "You never told me you had a hot dad. But I guess that's where you got your looks." JJ said and Josie punched his arm. "Don't call my dad hot, you're so gross, JJ!"

They arrive to the room with computers and desks, JJ opens the door for them. "Sweet Lord, the internet!" Pope runs to the desk as Kie glanced behind her. "John B." She says and the boy came rushing in behind them, closing the door. "I've missed you." Pope sighed out as he got comfortable in the chair.

"Let me get in there. Gotta check out my Insta models." JJ says as he walks over and Josie rolls her eyes. "We don't have time for that." Kie says, sitting next to Pope as JJ stood behind the boy. "Hey, hey, hey! I got the map!" John B says, setting it down by the keyboard.

"Coordinates, please?"

"34 57' 30" north. 75 55' 42" west."

After pressing enter, the screen zooms in onto the globe and locates the exact coordinates on the map. "Boom, continental shelf right there." John B says. "Well, if it's off the deep end, it's not gonna be much of a treasure hunt, is it?" Pope asked, looking at the boy.

He begins zooming in on the computer, "come on, baby. Come on." JJ says and then looked over to the door when he heard people, footsteps and laughter. "Shit, it's on the high side. It's only 900 feet." John B says, looking at Pope who gives him a puzzled look.

"That's not too deep." JJ agrees. "Is that doable or something?" Kie asked as Josie looked at JJ then the other two boys. "Yeah, totally doable." The blond boy says, glancing at Josie who gives him a confused look. "Okay, will we be taking your personal submarine?" Pope asked, looking at the boy and Josie chuckles.

"How do you know this, Mr. Dive Master?"

JJ looked at them all, "the salvage yard." He simply says. "They got a drone that can drop 1,000. It has a 360 camera and everything." He looked at John B. "It's for, like, deep dives and stuff. It's exactly what we need."

"And can your dad get his grimy little hands on that?" John B asked, looking at him. "Well, my dad's grimy little hands got his ass fired. I guess the salvage captain frowns on showing up shitfaced, turns out." He says and just like every other time JJ brings up his dad, everyone is quiet or doesn't react much.

Except for Josie who looks at him, stared for a while before glancing away. "But the drone's there. It's in the impound yard out back." JJ says now, glancing at John B.

"How much did you say was on the Royal Merchant again?" Kie asked as she looks from the computer screen to the boys. "400 million," John B says at the same time as JJ, "400 mil." Pope suddenly got up.

"400 million dollars?" Kie says, staring at John B in disbelief. "Yep." JJ said as they all got up to leave. "No. Absolutely not. Absolutely not. No! Jo, you're seriously condoning this?" Pope said, his arms out as he blocks the door.

"Pope, move!" Kie shoved his arm out of the way and they leave the room. "Can't we do anything legal for money? Why are you going along with this anyway, Jo?" Pope asked as he followed alongside her with Kie and JJ were ahead of them and John B behind.

AUTHORS NOTE
the way josie is like "forget about being the mom friend of the group, i want kie happy and make her double album <3"