019. No Reason.

LATER THAT night, there was a party on Figure Eight that everyone (only Kooks) were invited and Nova was watching as Topper and Sarah were up on the roof, shaking his head. Topper now lifts up his girrlfriend who started panicking and everyone was yelling at them to jump. Not surprisingly, Topper jumped.

"Whoo!"

Nova glanced around at everyone cheering and laughing. "Can you believe this girl right here? Coolest girl in the OBX! That's what I'm talking about!" Topper shouted before he hugs his girlfriend and Sarah got out of the pool, laughing as she approached Nova.

"Having fun?" She asked and Nova just glanced around. "So much fun..." He said and Sarah frowns. "Something on your mind, Joey?" She was the only one who calls him that. The only one who's ever allowed to even use his birth name. She tilts her head and he shook his head. "Not at all..." He whispered.

"You sure?" She brings her hand to his arm gently and he quickly nods his head. "Yeah... positive." He said and walked away, towards where the drinks were and she watched with worry. "Hey, come on... let's go somewhere private." Topper came to her side, smiling at her. "Alright..." She took his hand in hers.

Later on, after Sarah had rejected Topper despite saying she was okay with doing it, she found Nova and grabbed his arm. "Can you drive me home?" She asked and he quickly nods, sighing as he set down his drink.

It was just a cup of water, he usually doesn't drink at parties, only when he's driven to them because he's the perfect image of responsibility. Or so, his parents think. "Do you wanna sleepover?" He suddenly asked, as they were getting closer to their houses.

"I already told my dad I would anyway..." She says, fidgeting with her hands and he glanced over. "Oh, okay." He nods and she just glanced over, sighing. "I'm glad you're my best friend, Nova..." She says in a soft tone.

"Me too, Sarah..."

At the Forbes home, Nova set up the futon as usual and sat in his bed, in his usual pyjamas shorts and band t-shirt. The t-shirts were always hand-me-downs from his dad when he use to go to rock concerts. "Hey, can we talk?" Sarah says, in her pyjamas as she walked over to Nova and sat next to the boy, sighing.

"Yeah?" He glanced up from his phone and she sighs. "Um... does--" She paused suddenly and glanced around. "Do you think Topper only likes me for my body?" She suddenly turned to him, moving her whole sitting position towards him to face her best friend who's face scrunched up. "What?" He asked the blonde girl.

"Yeah... like," she stood up and he stopped her by raising his hands. "No, no, no... I'm just... wondering why you're asking." He said and she sat down, sighing quietly. "He got mad because I didn't wanna do it..." She said and he stared at her with a puzzled face.

"Do it?"

"Sex, Joey." She looked over and his brows raised in surprise. "Oh... yeah, that..." He said and laid back onto his mountain of pillows at the head of his bed and she sighed, laying down beside him. "Like, do all teenage boys only think about sex?" She asked and he shrugs. "Not all of them..." He stared blankly and she glanced up at the curly haired boy,

"Most of them do... they're kinda weirdos. Watch porn all day, talk about sex all day, masturbate." He says and Sarah sighed. "Topper got mad at me for changing my mind..." She sat up suddenly and Nova just shook his head, scoffing softly. "What an asshole..." He whispers and Sarah hugs her legs.

"Yeah... whatever." She sighed and looked at him. "Um... it's a weird question, but what about you, Joey? Have you... hooked up with a girl or something?" She asked and he just looked at anything but her, shrugging. "I-I don't--" "don't what?" Sarah stared at him.

Under her watchful gaze, he started to feel tense and looked down at his hands, fidgeting with them. "You know... I-I don't wanna have sex." He said and she furrows her brows. "What?" She couldn't help but chuckle, "a-are you serious?" She asked and he nodded.

"I just... don't see the appeal of it. I don't want to, like ever..." He said and Sarah looks away, slightly confused. "Are you sure you just don't want to wait until marriage?" She asked, looking at him and he simply shook his head. "No... it's not even that... I just... Sarah, I'm asexual." He looked at the girl and she looks at him with a confused look on her face.

"Asexual?" She asked and he nods, glancing away. "Like... someone who isn't attracted to others, doesn't want to do it and stuff... I just wanted you to know because you're my best friend or whatever." He explains and she smiles softly at the boy. "Well, I'm happy for you... you know what you want, and you're proud of it. I'm proud too..." She said and crawled closer to him, cuddling to his side.

He puts his arm around her and closed his eyes, sighing. "I thought you'd call me weird or something." He says and she just brings her hand up to his face. "I'd never do that, Joey... after all you've done for me, being there for me... I could never abandon you just for your sexual identity..." She said and he hugs her tighter, smiling slightly.

She pulled back and he sighed, looking around. "It's just fucked up, you know? How everyone talks about us... being together or stuff, when I'm, like, not into dating either. And stuff." He says and she furrows her brows. "Who talks about us being together?" She asked and he shook his head, waving his hand around.

"My parents... my twin and my older sister." He says and Sarah just looks at him. "Why?" Her face contorts into one of disgust. Not because Nova was unattractive, he's a good looking, nice and funny guy, but he's more like her brother. "I don't know... I guess the connection we have and the connection your dad has with my dad in business. I don't know, it doesn't make sense...." He shrugs his shoulders.

"Oh, God, they do the same with us, they wanted Rafe with Bellamy first, then when they found out she was gay, they're starting to work out a thing between you and I or Rafe and Josie." She said and Nova chuckled loudly. "Rafe and Josie? That'd be hilarious." He says and Sarah rolls her eyes at the boy.

"You're so mean to her for no reason..." She said and the dark haired boy glanced at her. "For a good reason..." He says and she just sat up, ignoring him and looking around. "Let's watch a movie before we go to sleep." She suggested and he nods, smiling.

AUTHORS NOTE
i thought i should give nova and sarah their own chapter and decided it could be the perfect time for nova to tell her he's asexual :)