031. Choose.

LATER AT the Chateau, the gang were all together. Including John B's apparent new girlfriend, Sarah. JJ and Pope sat side by side with Josie on the arm rest of the chair JJ was sitting on as Kie turns to them.

"No effing way! You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?" Kie asked, looking at John B who's sitting on the couch with Sarah. He looked over at Pope, JJ and Josie. "I dunno." Pope simply shrugs his arms as Josie looked down. "Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share." JJ points at them.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote. This is our thing. A Pogue thing." Kiara said as she looked at John B again. "I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this." Pope said. "Thank you!" Kie gestured to the boy.

"When are you not uncomfortable?"

"Well, I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably." Pope exclaims at him and JJ nods. "It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him." JJ looks over at John B who looks away. "I saw them, they were so adorable." Josie says as she nodded her head.

"That's cute, guys." John B says as Josie glanced around. "You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her." Kie said before turning her head to Sarah. "Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" The blonde exclaimed at her. "Then leave." Kie tilts her head to the side making Sarah scoff and look away. "I told you." She tells John B.

"Told him what, exactly? That you're a liar?" Kie asked her right away. "No, that you're a shit-talking bitch." Sarah says. "Oh, shit!" JJ looks at Pope who looks back at him. "Oh, yeah?" Kiara said, with raised brows. "When have I ever lied to you?" Sarah asked the other.

"My money's on Kie." JJ whispers to Pope making Josie look at them. "You get somebody close to you for like a month--" "I didn't lie about shit!" Sarah yelled at her. "Everybody shut up!" John B suddenly shouted.

"Kie, you are my best friend, right?" John B said and she just gives him a look. "And Sarah, you're..." John B paused and looked away. "You're my..." Josie cringed at how awkward this suddenly felt. "Say it." Sarah says and John B smiled. "You're my girlfriend."

"Wow, so cute..." Josie said in a blank tone as Pope looks away. "That's new." He said. "She's your girlfriend now?" Kie asked and the couple look at her. "What was all that talk about you just using her for information?" Kie looked over at Pope, JJ and Josie. "Yeah. You did say that, JB. Get the map. Cut her loose." Josie said as she nodded her head softly.

"You said you were using me?" Sarah asked as she looked over at her "boyfriend", who is quiet at first. "No." He simply says. "Yeah, you did." Kiara said right away. "Yeah, you said those things." Pope said as JJ nods.

"Look, love just walked in, okay?" John B says as Kie looks away. "Oh, vomit." She says and Josie just grimaced. "I didn't expect it. It just-- it kind of happened. And I'm not gonna deny it. Right?" He says to Sarah who's arms are crossed as she stared at him.

"Oh! That's corny."

It's quiet for a moment and Kie looks over. "Look, cut the bullshit, John B. If she's in, I'm out. And so is Josie, she has my back all the time..." Kie looks at the girl who immediately stood up, nodding. She stood by Kie's side. "Kie, I'm not doing this." John B says.

"You are gonna decide."

"I can't!"

"I'm very interested, actually. Us or her?" Kie asked with her head tilted. "All three of you." John B immediately says and Josie scoffs. "Ooh..." Pope says. "Went for the Hail Mary." JJ whispers as Kiara goes for the door and Josie immediately follows behind her.

"He makes me so mad!" Kie huffs and Josie just sighs. "He's talking out of his ass right now, anything to save him... he broke his promise with you that he wasn't with her, he even lies to Sarah about not using her, and now he's saying he's in love? I think guys these days will say anything." Josie said as she followed Kie all the way down the dock where she stops.

"You okay?" Josie says quietly and Kie turns around, there's tears in her eyes. "Why won't he listen to me?" She said as she sniffled. "If it makes you feel any better... Kie, I would choose you. Over any other girl..." Josie says and Kie just smiled softly and stepped closer, wrapping her arms around the girl.

Kie just quietly cried on Josie's shoulder as they hugged, then eventually sat down onto the edge of the dock near the ladder. "I'm just watching out for him... it isn't even about our kiss or anything. I just know how this movie ends, you know? I starred in it." She glanced at Josie and the other girl just simply nods.

"Freshman year, my first year at the Kook Academy. It was so intimidating... I didn't have anything in common with anyone, then the queen asks me if I wanna go save baby sea turtles." Kie says and Josie looked at her.

"But things always work out anyway, right? If John B gets screwed over by her like you did, then he'll still find someone after that, because you found me after. Right?" She said and bumped her shoulder gently against Kiara's. "Still... I'm not doing this with her. And neither should you." She looks at Josie.

"I'm all for not taking sides and listening to both stories, but because it's you, I'll listen, Kie." She smiles softly and Kie looks away. "He's gonna have to chose." She said and Josie sighs. "He's not going to. He's a moron." She says and Kie just glanced at the other.

Pope comes walking down the pier making both girls look over. "We're not changing our minds." Kie says right away and Josie just nods as Pope just pointed at them, he does a small nod before he began walking away.

AUTHORS NOTE
josie: i'd choose you over any other girl. <3
kie: what a good best friend :)